xfx 6970 issue

Dimmy

Gawd
so i got two of these cards to run xfire, but one of them i think the temp sensor is broken reads -128c but what doesnt make sense is the fan is at full speed, i tried msi afterburner to adjust the fan speed. but it just wont slow down its SOOOO LOUD, i had to take the card out and just run one of them

anyone have suggestions? im hope to hear from xfx tomorrow. maybe they can replace it

Have you tried the manual fan control in Catalyst Control Center?
You could try reseating the card to the motherboard to make sure the connection is good, even switch the cards slots to make sure it's not an issue with your board.
But if the fan keeps running wide open I'd say it's probably just a problem with the card, and they will want you to RMA it.

Also some system specs would be helpful.

yea, i did switch the cards around no avail same thing no matter which slot, also tried CCC still did not work to manually set the fan

i replied back to your PM xfx =)

specs

AMD X3 720BE @3.5
MSI 790FX
8GB
850W CORSAIR PS

that should be the main specs you need i suppose
i was running xfx 4850 CF, so i dont think there is any issue with the main board or anything

have you tried using the AMD GPU uninstallation program and reinstalling?

i would uninstall, only put in one card, install drivers, turn off the computer and add the 2nd card with a cross-fire bridge

xfx already contacted me about RMA, which is what im going to do when i get back from training

Back