• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XFX 5970BE issues

dook43

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
3,056
Ticket# 293230. I have not yet received a response from XFX on this ticket.

1) As of Catalyst 10.3b, default 2d clocks upon booting windows are still 157/300. This results in flickering when more than one monitor is connected. With 2d clocks at this level, I am unable to connect 3 monitors at all, the display just cycles into sleep mode and then the display drivers crash.

2) When using AMD GPU clock tool to raise clocks to 725/1000, I no longer see flickering. After hitting the "Reset Default Clocks" button, it resets back to 400/1000, which is what I understand the new default clocks to be to support multiple monitor configuration. WHY ISN`T THIS FIXED YET?

3) After following step 2 to fix clockspeeds, I am able to connect a 3rd display and use an EyeFinity group. However, the display sometimes falls back into sleep mode when resolution/3d mode changes, and a power cycle of the display is necessary to reconnect.

4) I am not seeing the option to configure bezel management on my display group. Using the moninfo program, I am showing a very slight difference (0.2mm) in screen size between the 2407 and U2410`s. Is this enough to stop bezel management from working? I also have some old entries in my registry from other sized monitors. Do those need to be removed?

I am using 3 monitors. Here is my configuration from left to right 1) Dell 2407WFP-HC (DVI) 2) Dell U2410 A01 (DVI) 3) Dell U2410 A00 (Mini-DP to DP dongle being used) I briefly had these three monitors hooked up to a launch XFX 5850 (Cat 10.2), and did not have any sleep issues with the DP connected display. However, I was not using a mini-DP to DP dongle. Are there known dongle issues?

EDIT: Attempted to update to the new 5970BE bios, and I already have the latest bios installed to the card.
 
Interesting. Still no reply from XFX or from anyone else :*( And yes, I've PMed XFXSupport.
 
My Sapphire 5870's have the same issue. I was pissed as hell when I first seen it since I thought my card(s) were defective. But I'm also just waiting...
 
You might have to RMA. The only problem is the turnaround time. And then you'd also have to do without a 'high end' video card for a while until it got repaired or replaced.
 
I'd at least like someone to look at the damn issues at this point. Manual fan control doesn't even work...
 
you need to download and install the bios update for your card,updated mine and manual fan option is enabled
 
Issues resolved by installing 10.3 WHQL. 10.3b has several issues that aren't present in 10.3 WHQL. However, when I can get it to work, it performed better at 5760x1200. :/
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
You can download 10.4b and 10.5b already. I would try those out.
 
gpuz will report the same version number as the new bios from the xfx site,my BE had a January pack date and was loaded with the old bios
 
Yeah avoid non-WHQL drivers for testing, the b variants are beta and don't necessarily come with the same fixes that their parent driver set do (so 10.3b doesn't necessarily have all 10.3 fixes)

In some cases these beta drivers are a different set with parrallel development, these b revisions are mostly performance fixes from what I remember reading.
 
I guess. :) The manual fan control and Eyefinity just didn't work for me under 10.3b. Fan is somewhat important since my card needs 70% fan speed to run at 5870 speeds.

How do you monitor VRM temps?

The only issue left to conquer is bezel mgt using my 2407 wfp hc and 2 u2410.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
According to Everest, VRM cooling must no longer be an issue. I've never seen them break 90 let alone approach the 120C temps as reported by several reputable sites in the early going.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Back
Top