Xfinity - Cable Modem question

How did they keep you from running the sb6190? Would they not allow you to have the 1.2/50 plan unless you changed the modem? If you changed back to your 6190 do you think they'd even notice?
Cause I couldn't see the 50mbps upload even though I paid for it with my 6190. Which was also capping at around 700mbps down if I recall correctly.

Getting my SB8200 working was its own clusterfuck due to someone on comcasts side mistyping my mac address for the modem. That one letter typo took about 4 hours to figure out.

I basically don't want to deal with them ever if I can avoid it.

They also, now that I pay for unlimited, don't seem to question my 5-6 terabytes a month of download (and about 1TB upload) and not ruffling feathers is where I want to be.

Last edited:
Cause I couldn't see the 50mbps upload even though I paid for it with my 6190. Which was also capping at around 700mbps down if I recall correctly.

Getting my SB8200 working was its own clusterfuck due to someone on comcasts side mistyping my mac address for the modem. That one letter typo took about 4 hours to figure out.

I basically don't want to deal with them ever if I can avoid it.

They also, now that I pay for unlimited, don't seem to question my 5-6 terabytes a month of download (and about 1TB upload) and not ruffling feathers is where I want to be.
Interesting. So what was the upload with the 6190? Still at like 20Mb?

It's really silly that they didn't let you use the 6190 as I know it's technically capable of 50 up because I have one on our 500/50 wow connection and no issues at all. In fact, it spikes up to 700/50+ on the first 10 seconds of a heavy transfer.

I think it was 15mbps? It's been over a year since I switched over.
Sounds about right. Before they upped me to 800/20 it was 600/15. So basically if I move to the 'unlimited plan', I'm not going to see any change on the upload with the 6190. :(

still 950 down?
at the top of my thread here, i started asking as I was going to go to the 1.2gb plan.. still going to as that includes the unlimited plan... vs the new bullshit charge you for overage caps.... while it would be cheap each month.. $5 or $10 or $15 here... straight up $30 to go unlimited...

I am getting 944mb down on the 800mb plan but my 18mb up... is worth paying the $ to get up speeds going... heavy gaming, lots of online streaming and outside plexin... wish comcrap would go higher like my bud with fios
he is on 1gb u/d and he gets 750 u/d...while not 1gb he is getting 750mb up!!!!

Yes, speeds haven't changed since I got the CM2000 and had Comcast get it provisioned.

It has completely solved my issues with the modem losing lock though. Rock solid and the connection has been up for over 11 days straight right now. I'll take reliability over not much more Mbps and I'm happy for the moment.

Back