• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xeon 2.8 wattage

lone wolf

Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
705
I would like to make sure that I'm reading this right. Is the Thermal Design Power the watts that the cpu uses? I have this xeon 2.8 DP running in a home server, and I have been thinking of putting in another energy efficient processor, but don't want to sacrifice power
 
The TDP is the absolute maximum amount of power that the CPU is rated to draw in any circumstance. In real-world situations, Intel CPUs rarely approach their actual TDP.
 
Back
Top