Become a Patron!

XCOM 2 announced....PC Exclusive

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by ccjames69, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ob1

ob1 2[H]4U

Go into steam workshop for the game and get the speed up mod, the evac all mod and so forth. I loved the game, but it was too short again. I still play it now and then, patiently waiting for a third...

2. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News Staff Member

The Long War 2 mod is a must-play reinvention of XCOM 2. Lot more information in the article; here is a preview.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/the-long-war-2-mod-is-a-must-play-reinvention-of-xcom-2/

For players that have mastered XCOM 2's story and power arcs, or now find them predictable, Long War 2 is an essential download. The mod forces you to break out of your habits and re-engage with the game again at the most basic level. Even soldiers are valued differently. You can field up to ten in a mission, and you start with a large roster. Consequently, losing agents isn't the body blow it can be in trad XCOM, and you have more room to experiment with ability and weapon combinations across your force.

mlapgw likes this.
  3. M76

M76 [H]ardness Supreme

New DLC just around the corner. But I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm certainly not forking out 40€ for an expansion. So unless it will be available for less trough other channels I'm sitting it out. I want to see how it turns out. Alien overlords was a disaster, Shen's last gift was OK, but very short.

I decided to collect the most annoying things about the game. So here starting from least annoying:

• When scanning times turn into the upper end of the proposed interval (which it does almost always)
    • When timed missions appear right before you could finish scanning something, you just need one second to finish but you have to leave to not forfeit the mission.
    • When you desperately want to build some upgrade or equipment but you miss a fraction from one of the dozen pre-requisite materials, and the black market has everything but that
    • When you're just one square too far from the ideal position
    • When you try to close the distance between your soldier and enemies but the soldier cannot attack from the new position which you never know in advance.
    • When overwatch is not triggered even though the enemy seems to be waltzing back and forth in front of your soldiers
    • When overwatch is triggered in a way that the least powerful enemy with no armour gets hit by all the shredder units
    • When the hit only falls one bar short from taking out an enemy, meaning you have to waste another action on it.
    • When you choose the 90% certain hacking reward, the bar goes almost full, when you choose the 30% certain one, the bar barely starts to move
    • When trying to flank the enemy reveals another, more dangerous group of enemies
    • When multiple (meaning 3-4) overwatch shots miss in succession
    • When multiple high percentage (75+) shots miss in quick succession
    • When the enemy scores a hit on your soldier in full cover from half the map away
    • When the enemy scores a critical hit on your soldier in full cover from half the map away
    • When everything seems to conspire against you, and everything turns to shit, and your soldiers barely can get 20-30% certain shots off at the enemy that of course all miss. And in the next turn the enemy scores multiple hits easy from the same distance.
    • When you already lost two soldiers and two more decide to panic just to make a hopeless situation completely impossible.
    Don't get the wrong idea, I love the game, but at times it can make me livid.

4. polydiol

polydiol [H]ard|Gawd

This will be a day 1 purchase for me

5. deton8

deton8 Limp Gawd

"That's X-Com, baby!"

But yeah, even though by and large I love this game sometimes I have to take a break before I put my fist through the screen.

Armenius likes this.
  6. NoOther

NoOther [H]ardness Supreme

It is funny, most of this is what makes the game so great.

7. atom

atom Gawd

I just don't get the legendary editions of games anymore, it rarely pays out. This one may have been worth it though, and 40 bucks for this expansion? Jeez! Let's hope its as good as Enemy Within!

8. deton8

deton8 Limp Gawd

I would be willing to pay that much for an EW type expansion. That was worth the price of admission for sure.

9. chaikovski2002

chaikovski2002 2[H]4U

Any reviewers out there yet? TotalBiscuit report? Any youtubers playing this yet? I aint forking out $40 until I know what Im getting!