Xbox wireless controller with play and charge kit as wired controller on Windows 8?

Tengis

Supreme [H]ardness
I cant get it to work no matter what Ive done. Windows recognizes the controller but it doesnt actually set it up as an input device.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

As far as I know, it won't.

You'll need a Xbox Controller for Windows - when I was on the look out for a controller, a few people tried the Play and Charge kits with regular 360 controllers and it doesn't work.

The play and charge kit does make the wireless controller wired it just charges while the controller is still connected over the 360's wireless system.There is a usb dongle that will allow the controller to work over wireless.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I toyed with it a lot trying to get my wireless to let me use it to play bioshock on my pc. I ended up having to buy a wired controller to do it. Maybe there is a way but i didn't seem to figure it out.

As recommended earlier, you would either have to use a wired Xbox 360 controller or get the USB wireless receiver dongle. I believe the charge and play kit is only wired to pass power and not data, since using the play and charge doesn't turn off the wireless radio in the controller.

the play and charge kit will only provide power to your battery pack, nothing else. the wireless dongle is what you need, and it works very well.

What games have you used the controller on? Would it work with say Skyrim??

I have used a wired controller on BioShock.

mainly use mine with racing games, works great with Skyrim and GTAIV as well

Back