Xbox One Launch Day

algierswhodat

Limp Gawd
For those who are interested.. Will change shipping address to winner of auction. Willing to cut a deal for H members.

Ended auction.. decided to keep it based on SNF commercial.

Last edited:
bwhahaah thats nuts lol. ebay charges around 10% and paypal 2.9% good luck with the sale. I personally will wait.

Ya, I sold mine for $900, then saw how much ebay took, and cancelled the transaction. Fuck that.

Yes I agree.. I am willing to sell outside of ebay for less, but I actually don't want it at this point. I bought GTAV and it's fun, but I literally don't have any time to play it... makes me cry just thinking about not being able to dedicate 8 hours a day to games anymore... :(

Yes I agree.. I am willing to sell outside of ebay for less, but I actually don't want it at this point. I bought GTAV and it's fun, but I literally don't have any time to play it... makes me cry just thinking about not being able to dedicate 8 hours a day to games anymore... :(

I don't understand. If you don't want it why not just cancel it. I might cancel mine on Amazon because I got in on the Amazon GTX 780 deal. Same with my PS4 preorder

I don't understand. If you don't want it why not just cancel it. I might cancel mine on Amazon because I got in on the Amazon GTX 780 deal. Same with my PS4 preorder

Yes, I may have too.. Any less than $800 and Ebay/Paypal would make more than me.. and the $100 may not be worth the risk of getting buyer scammed some how on ebay

Any experts here could judge this opinion:

Ebay is widely used, and ecommerce has grown extremely over the past decade. The market for selling new pre-order items like the xbox is shrinking I suppose.

translation: Everyone has the same idea....Reserve the pre-order, list on EBAY..Try for a profit. Ebay is filled with soo many of them so if your selling it in NA its alot of effort. However selling to countries who are still waiting for release might be profitable but holds alot of issues.

Ebay is a god damn ripoff. Sold something for $700, they take $90 (after ebay and paypal fees).

i feel your pain i bought gtaV and played about 12hours since getting it. I dont think i am going to buy a next gen for another year its a nice idea though

Yeah, because your $400 profit was too little to justify the $50 ebay and paypal charge you. :rolleyes:

At 900$ it would be 116$ in fees. I find that disgusting and grossly overcharging of goods. Forums/Craigs FTW.

At 900$ it would be 116$ in fees. I find that disgusting and grossly overcharging of goods. Forums/Craigs FTW.

I hope I'm misunderstanding you here. Between $116 in fees on a $900 sale or charging $400 over MSRP on a game console to take advantage of someone who isn't able to buy one in stores... you chose the prior as the thing that's disgusting and grossly overcharging of goods?

Okay, I'm sorry. $300 in profit. Yes I agree ebay/paypal charge too much to sell and have lost my fair share of money selling on ebay, but I have absolutely no empathy for this specific situation. I'm just suprised people are so impatient they'd rather buy the console with a 100% markup instead of waiting two weeks for one to be available locally for purchase (at the normal retail cost).

i have 16 PS4s and 16 Xbox ones reserved using all my family members and friends...
Gonna put mine up soon @ 450 + 15 shipping and 600 + 15 shipping each...

I had 22 nexus 4s on launch day XD.

lol..... god damn people like me are why decent people like me can't get pre-orders.

i have 16 PS4s and 16 Xbox ones reserved using all my family members and friends...

lol..... god damn people like me are why decent people like me can't get pre-orders.

on one hand you're providing a useful service for people who want to pay extra outside of normal channels, and on the other you're a piece of shit

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

I don't understand the point of this. Assuming your putting these on Ebay, at the prices your selling, basically all of your profit would go fees. So, you're not making any money, and people still have to pay more to get consoles from you than if they could have just purcahsed one of those pre-orders normally. Seems like what you're doing benefits no one.

I think the Ebay buyer protection is too scary for small profits. With your 32 consoles if you get ebay buyer scammed on one or two of them you lose money for 30+ transactions.. $799 is the least I will go on Ebay, but I would sell for $610.00 outside of Ebay. That would be $100 profit for me to update an address on amazon order. Not sure I would do this over the internet.. would have to be local.

For what it is worth, I'm selling mine here in the forums (Amazon prime release date delivery, free!) for those who don't wish to deal with Ebay fees,prices and whatnot. I'm willing to be flexible and reasonable with the pricing, but this IS a sold out item and aside from some who are basically dumping, ~800 is around the median I've seen.. I've seen Ebay sales over $1200 conclude for a Day One Edition too, though!

I don't understand the point of this. Assuming your putting these on Ebay, at the prices your selling, basically all of your profit would go fees. So, you're not making any money, and people still have to pay more to get consoles from you than if they could have just purcahsed one of those pre-orders normally. Seems like what you're doing benefits no one.

Nah, he will probably just sell them from the back of a van... ;)

I may be selling my XBone or PS4 here depending on which one I want to keep. The game delays have been very dissapointing so I can wait 3 months to buy another console.

Got a PS4 Ill be selling too. Watchdogs was the last straw for me. You people who are saying hes asking too much are retarded. They have been routinely going for that ammount on EBay.

Ill be selling mine on forums or CL though, after fee's I only stand to make about $100 profit on EBay and thats IF the buyer isnt in a state where amazon collects tax..

Remember that if youre selling your amazon Release Day. If you change that address to someone in a state where Amazon charges tax, youll be paying nearly $40 in taxes...

Got a PS4 Ill be selling too. Watchdogs was the last straw for me. You people who are saying hes asking too much are retarded. They have been routinely going for that ammount on EBay.

It's pronounced "Ri-tarded" Get it right :rolleyes:

I am trying to contemplate on keeping mine as well. What would be the best selling point to have it as most of my gaming is on the PC.

so from the look of this thread I could have bought a Piece-O-Shit console and made a lot of $$$ go figure.

Im going to laugh when there is good stock between the 2 consoles combined and people get stuck with extras.

Not trying to troll, but why are people paying so much for these and PS4s? Afraid they won't get one on launch day locally? I want to get a PS4 but didn't bother to preorder when I could have via Amazon. No way I'm paying that much over retail.

I assume all my local stores will have them on release day? Just last weekend Target, Walmart, Toys R US, Gamstop, etc... all were advertising the heck out of them in their weekly ads.

Our local Microsoft store said they will have thousands on hand on release day.

Not trying to troll, but why are people paying so much for these and PS4s? Afraid they won't get one on launch day locally? I want to get a PS4 but didn't bother to preorder when I could have via Amazon. No way I'm paying that much over retail.

I assume all my local stores will have them on release day? Just last weekend Target, Walmart, Toys R US, Gamstop, etc... all were advertising the heck out of them in their weekly ads.

Our local Microsoft store said they will have thousands on hand on release day.

They are sold out everywhere as of now. There has also been talk that there will not be any more until the New Year.

They are sold out everywhere as of now. There has also been talk that there will not be any more until the New Year.

There is going to be over 5 million of each console shipped by the end of the year (vs ~1 million for 360/PS3). Every gamestop Ive asked said they will have extras after the pre-orders are filled for the people on the wait list.

BestBuy, GameStop, Target & Wal-Mart (These 4 stores are confirmed to carry an "overflow" stock) will be carrying more stock than just the pre-orders for those who did not pre-order. The amount is unknown and I really don't care :rolleyes: The next stock is supposed to be in January, but knowing how crap like this always gets delayed and never go as planned I am pretty sure you will see new stock by the end of December.

While I understand that pre-ordering and getting launch day versions does appeal to the more 'extreme' tech fans, it still gets me down at just how impatient and desperate some people can be. Especially the ones who are willing to dump paycheck(s) on one from eBay.

I will wait until the PS4 hits the $299 mark, and then just buy one from Craigslist lol. Until then all of the new releases will be played on my computer, where all games should be played.

There is going to be over 5 million of each console shipped by the end of the year (vs ~1 million for 360/PS3). Every gamestop Ive asked said they will have extras after the pre-orders are filled for the people on the wait list.

BestBuy, GameStop, Target & Wal-Mart (These 4 stores are confirmed to carry an "overflow" stock) will be carrying more stock than just the pre-orders for those who did not pre-order. The amount is unknown and I really don't care :rolleyes: The next stock is supposed to be in January, but knowing how crap like this always gets delayed and never go as planned I am pretty sure you will see new stock by the end of December.

While I understand that pre-ordering and getting launch day versions does appeal to the more 'extreme' tech fans, it still gets me down at just how impatient and desperate some people can be. Especially the ones who are willing to dump paycheck(s) on one from eBay.

I will wait until the PS4 hits the $299 mark, and then just buy one from Craigslist lol. Until then all of the new releases will be played on my computer, where all games should be played.

O cool. Could you guys post links as to where you got this confirmed information? Seems a lot of us have missed it...

Back