Xbox One Demos Running On NVIDIA Hardware?

HardOCP News

[H] News
So the big "OMFG XBONE IS TEH CHEETARS!" rumor making the rounds today claims that Microsoft was running Xbox One game demos on "high end HP PCs." The proof? The two pictures you see below showing a custom PC with a GeForce GTX in it. The obvious problems with the story is that isn't a HP computer and no one knows what was actually running on that PC before the picture was taken (could have just been non-playable looped demos, etc.). Anyhow, we'll get to the bottom of this for you but I thought I'd share these in the mean time. Thanks to ShamisOMally for the tip.

Just to be clear, ShamisOMally gave us the heads up, he is not the one that took the pics or is making these claims.

Wouldn't really be surprising. Nvidia may not have been able to deliver an integrated solution at the pricepoint MS and Sony were looking for, but running a PC dev version of games, I'm sure they work just fine.

That still wouldn't make sense though, why use a card that games are not being optimized on if they're trying to showcase the games' graphics?

Are people really surprised by this? None of the games are running on final devkits. I don't even think they've started the first production run of final silicon that will go into shipping retail units either. 360 games at E3 2005 were running on Power Mac G5s and everyone was like "OMG, they're using MACS!! HAHAHAHA MICROSOFT HAHAHA!!"

If you saw this next year, that MIGHT be a story.

That still wouldn't make sense though, why use a card that games are not being optimized on if they're trying to showcase the games' graphics?

Because it's what they had laying around, and because whatever "optimizations" they've done probably don't amount to much at this point. Especially considering that these new consoles are just PCs with unified memory, it's likely the code runs fine on any kind of good PC hardware.

Just to be clear, ShamisOMally gave us the heads up, he is not the one that took the pics or is making these claims.

Too late to retract that statement. Microsoft has already released a drone strike on him. He's dead and its all your fault for exposing him.

Oh god this is comedy gold. Not only are there faux XBoxes sitting around, but GTX cards running the graphics? trolololol

I think the biggest part of this news is that they said that XBOX one games could only be done on XBOX one given how they are "Customized" and "Made" for the systems

Yet here we are, another round of games running on straight on PC hardware

And I have to ask, if this is indeed the case, just WTF do we need XBOX for it all these games already run on PC?

Also just a heads up steve, the front page is linking to the forum itself, not this topic itself

This is not a uncommon practice and stories like this are troll bait. Every story and thread around here lately is hate and flame. What a bunch of crap seems like everyone on this site or many others lately can't function without some damn drama story.

I think the biggest part of this news is that they said that XBOX one games could only be done on XBOX one given how they are "Customized" and "Made" for the systems

Yet here we are, another round of games running on straight on PC hardware

And I have to ask, if this is indeed the case, just WTF do we need XBOX for it all these games already run on PC?

So Microsoft can sell you their version of the PC the same way Dell does. Thats all xbox has ever been, an intro for microsoft into the living room.

You know what's REALLY funny about this? It appears to be running Windows 7. 7... not 8.

XBox and PS4 are both running on the same CPU and same GPU (PS4 one has more shaders or whatever), so how exactly are they customized for only XB1?

This is not a uncommon practice and stories like this are troll bait. Every story and thread around here lately is hate and flame. What a bunch of crap seems like everyone on this site or many others lately can't function without some damn drama story.
Not [H] fault that Microsoft screwed up their Xbone. You may not like it but it ins't hate and flame pointing out the flaw in something.

Not the same thing that guy to a pic of a laptop. Did you read it?

It is the same thing. The guy suspected that the demo wasn't running off an actual xbone console but it was running on a laptop. Here these pictures again proved that what claims to be games running on a console is actually not true.

XBox and PS4 are both running on the same CPU and same GPU (PS4 one has more shaders or whatever), so how exactly are they customized for only XB1?

I wonder if we'll see emulators for these consoles before long. They've successfully emulated older consoles like Playstation 2 with completely different hardwares.

Agreed.

Not [H] fault that Microsoft screwed up their Xbone. You may not like it but it ins't hate and flame pointing out the flaw in something.

Representing something as a flaw when its really not a big deal is the issue

Hopefully enough people see this that people stop with all the port talk shit. PS4, XBoner and PC are now the same.

lol because optimizations has always and will always be a huge pile of bullshit.

It is the same thing. The guy suspected that the demo wasn't running off an actual xbone console but it was running on a laptop. Here these pictures again proved that what claims to be games running on a console is actually not true.

Funny not a single person here mentions how assassins creed froze during the Sony demo.

And every time you post and use xbone you come off like a bunch of fucking 5 year old kids.

It is possible that that guy took a picture of a piece of hardware that isn't in production or had something that wasn't meant to be seen. Sound like he was snooping around.

None of us were there so his story could be bullshit.

Funny not a single person here mentions how assassins creed froze during the Sony demo.

And every time you post and use xbone you come off like a bunch of fucking 5 year old kids.

It is possible that that guy took a picture of a piece of hardware that isn't in production or had something that wasn't meant to be seen. Sound like he was snooping around.

None of us were there so his story could be bullshit.

Microsoft CEO's through -ALL- of E3 were proclaiming "ALL GAME DEMO'S ARE RUNNING ON XBOX ONE HARDWARE!"

Which after being outed as -BULLSHIT- has changed too "ALL GAME DEMO'S WERE RUNNING IN EQUIVALENT PC HARDWARE"

Which after -THAT- was outed as even more bullshit by these pictures showing game demo's running on GTX 780's, which is more then 6x the power of whats in the XBOX One or PS4

THIS is what everyone is mad about. SONY to my knowledge did not say the games were running on PS4's

Got an idea - lets just get rid of consoles and everyone buy a HTPC with nvidia GPU. You've not un-fucked the world and made it easier for everyone.

Microsoft CEO's through -ALL- of E3 were proclaiming "ALL GAME DEMO'S ARE RUNNING ON XBOX ONE HARDWARE!"

Which after being outed as -BULLSHIT- has changed too "ALL GAME DEMO'S WERE RUNNING IN EQUIVALENT PC HARDWARE"

Which after -THAT- was outed as even more bullshit by these pictures showing game demo's running on GTX 780's, which is more then 6x the power of whats in the XBOX One or PS4

THIS is what everyone is mad about. SONY to my knowledge did not say the games were running on PS4's

So tell us then did you stick around to see what was running on them? Was it game video or demo footage. Was it games that are multi platform that are developed using PC's. Please enlighten all of us stupid fucks then.

They had real hardware, dev kits. Which really makes this whole thing even funnier.
PS4 Knack crash :

ps4-errorozui8.jpg

They had real hardware, dev kits. Which really makes this whole thing even funnier.
PS4 Knack crash :

ps4-errorozui8.jpg

EA had a crash to on one demo during their presser they were I assume using PS4 hardware since the guy was using the new dual shock.

So tell us then did you stick around to see what was running on them? Was it game video or demo footage. Was it games that are multi platform that are developed using PC's. Please enlighten all of us stupid fucks then.

You don't need a $2000 PC to run game footage

Think for fuck sakes.

You don't need a $2000 PC to run game footage

Think for fuck sakes.

That's why I fucking asked possibly multi platform games? I was thinking Read! We all know many game are developed on PC hardware so why is this such a drama. Was there a sign right there that said this is running on Xbox one hardware no PC?

That's why I fucking asked possibly multi platform games? I was thinking Read! We all know many game are developed on PC hardware so why is this such a drama. Was there a sign right there that said this is running on Xbox one hardware no PC?

XBOX one Execs -AT THE GOD DAMN FUCKING SHOW ALL WEEK LONG PROCLAIMED THAT ALL DEMO'S WERE RUNNING ON XBOX ONE HARDWARE-

Then when shit started leaking it wasn't running on XBOX one hardware, it changed to "XBOX ONE IS RUNNING ON PC EQUIVALENT HARDWARE"

And then -THAT- turned out to be complete fucking bullshit when its show the demo's are running on top of the line PC hardware in these pictures today

Frankly, pull your fucking head out of your ass, I'm getting tired of repeating something I've already said in this thread.

The issue is the misrepresentation of the game quality. This is exactly like showing a pre-rendered video and saying it's "ingame footage". I'm looking at the crew for Aliens: CM.

Emulators should have an easy time with next gen consoles. That's all this tells me.

XBOX one Execs -AT THE GOD DAMN FUCKING SHOW ALL WEEK LONG PROCLAIMED THAT ALL DEMO'S WERE RUNNING ON XBOX ONE HARDWARE-

Then when shit started leaking it wasn't running on XBOX one hardware, it changed to "XBOX ONE IS RUNNING ON PC EQUIVALENT HARDWARE"

And then -THAT- turned out to be complete fucking bullshit when its show the demo's are running on top of the line PC hardware in these pictures today

Frankly, pull your fucking head out of your ass, I'm getting tired of repeating something I've already said in this thread.

How about one more time. ;)

You cannot argue with ignorance...

Back