Xbox Live's upcoming "Ultimate Game Sale"

Jerome36

2[H]4U
If you follow Major Nelson on twitter, then odds are you saw this. For those who don't:

Next week, the Xbox Live Marketplace will kick off their “Ultimate Game Sale” and they sent over this list of upcoming titles that are scheduled to be on sale. There will be different titles on-sale at different times during the week, and while I don’t know exactly what will be on sale when or for how much, I’ll tweet out details and make a blog post each time a new groups of titles goes on sale. Here’s the full list of titles that will go on sale over the course of next week:

Assassin’s Creed 3
Bioshock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway
Bulletstorm
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3
Crysis
Crysis 3
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
Dragon Age Origins
Far Cry 3
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Forza Horizon
Gears Judgement
Hasbro Family Game Night 3
Hitman Absolution
Kinect Sports 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes
Lego Lord of the Rings
Mass Effect
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
Monopoly Streets
Perfect Dark Zero
Prey
Rockstar Table Tennis
The Orange Box
Tomb Raider
Witcher 2
WWE 13 GonD
X-com: Enemy Unknown

MajorNelson.com

There's a couple titles I'm interested in, so hopefully the sale prices are pretty decent.

oops too late as I have most of those games on Steam already and odds are I paid significantly less for them...

Not to sound fanboyish but Ive seen a few xbox sales come through. Its fucking joke compared to Steam or even PSN sales. We'll see.

Prey better be a dollar because it's too short to justify more than that because of length and age. I just don't understand why places keep trying to hype that game like it's so amazing.

Yeah, nothing ultimate about that sale. Played almost 98% of the games on the list and mostly on PC.

It gets worse, their free games that were supposed to kick off this month to compete with PS+ free deals were announced to be Assassins Creed 2 & Halo 3 but now Mayor Nelson's tweeted that's not the case and instead we get Defence Grid The Awakening.........yeah.:confused:

It gets worse, their free games that were supposed to kick off this month to compete with PS+ free deals were announced to be Assassins Creed 2 & Halo 3 but now Mayor Nelson's tweeted that's not the case and instead we get Defence Grid The Awakening.........yeah.:confused:

Gamestop strikes again.

I don't remember if those were the two games they claimed would kick things off, or if they just said they would be two titles we'd be getting soon. Either way I'm hoping on the 16th they have a bigger/better game (although I do like Defense Grid).

I don't remember if those were the two games they claimed would kick things off, or if they just said they would be two titles we'd be getting soon. Either way I'm hoping on the 16th they have a bigger/better game (although I do like Defense Grid).

At e3 during their press conference they said to kick off there free games we'll get halo 3 and ac2 so take what you will from that.

I have no faith that Microsoft will ever offer digital download sales at a similar value level that Steam offers for PC games.

I have no faith that Microsoft will ever offer digital download sales at a similar value level that Steam offers for PC games.

The single best deal I have ever seen on XBL was Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for $3.

But yeah, MS and Sony are severely hamstrung by their reliance on Gamestop. They will not offer deals good enough and/or often enough because Gamestop will get cross with them and start throwing its weight around and ramp up the extortion rhetoric.

Honestly, I'm happier with them giving me Defense Grid. I always wanted it, but never felt like paying for it, and I've already beat AC 2 and Halo 3.

I saw the sale prices today meeeeh.

notables on slickdeals

Assassin's Creed III $15
Borderlands 2 $10
Far Cry 3 $20
WWE '13 $15
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway $5
Bulletstorm $5
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 $5
Crysis $5
Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga $5
Dragon Age Origins $5
Far Cry Instincts Predator $5
Mass Effect $5
Max Payne 3 $10
Perfect Dark Zero $3
Prey $3

The Ultimate Game Sale has begun. There are 4 games on sale for TODAY only:

Assassin's Creed 3 ------------------------------- $14.99 (63% off)
Borderlands 2 --------------------------------------- $9.99 (75% off)
Far Cry 3 ---------------------------------------------- $19.99 (67% off)
Max Payne 3 ---------------------------------------- $9.99 (75% off)

Then there's more games on sale until July 8th:

Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway ------------ $4.99 (83% off)
Far Cry Instincts Predator ---------------------- $4.99 (75% off)
Crysis --------------------------------------------------- $4.99 (75% off)
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 --------- $4.99 (67% off)
WWE '13 ---------------------------------------------- $14.99 (75% off)
Mass Effect ------------------------------------------ $4.99 (67% off)
Prey ---------------------------------------------------- $2.99 (85% off)
Bulletstorm ------------------------------------------- $4.99 (75% off)
Perfect Dark Zero --------------------------------- $2.99 (80% off)
Dragon Age Origins ------------------------------- $4.99 (67% off)
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga -------- $4.99 (83% off)

EDIT: piscian18 beat me to it.

It's too bad that most of the games listed that I would be interested in, I already have on Xbox 360 or PC. And if you count Dragon Age Origins, I have it on both.

None of this is showing up on my XBL...

No problems here. The big middle tile, right on my home screen, is a tile for the sale. If I go and browse the games, in the marketplace, one of the tiles there also leads to the sale. I suppose you can always search for each individual game, either on the 360, or buy them right from the Xbox Marketplace online store.

The new, one day sale games are up:

Lego Lord of the Rings -------------------- $14.99 (50% off)
Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes ----- $9.99 (50% off)
Hasbro Family Game Night 3 ----------- $9.99 (67% off)
Monopoly Streets --------------------------- $9.99 (67% off)
Kinect Sports 2 ------------------------------ $9.99 (67% off)
Rockstar Table Tennis -------------------- $2.99 (80% off)

Not as good as the ones on sale yesterday, thought I'm tempted to get Lego Lord of the Rings.

Last edited:
No problems here. The big middle tile, right on my home screen, is a tile for the sale. If I go and browse the games, in the marketplace, one of the tiles there also leads to the sale. I suppose you can always search for each individual game, either on the 360, or buy them right from the Xbox Marketplace online store.

On my Home screen, the centre tile is "CHANCE TO WIN RUGBY CHALLENGE 2 + 12 MONTHS XBOX LIVE GOLD".

Individual games have lower prices (although not as low as the ones you have listed), but they are not being advertised at all.

This is the Aussie XBL, by the way...

I was always curious about BorderLands2. For $10 yesterday I took a chance.

not bad so far! But now I see there are a rediculous amount of add-ons.... I guess I'll see how far I can get before I need to buy a DLC.

Those games need to be 2-3 dollars still 5-10 bucks for some of those is stupid, glad i dont buy anything on the XBL

This is the Aussie XBL, by the way...

Bah! I forgot you were under the Australian XBL, which you even mentioned back on the first page. So it sounds like they are on sale for you, but just not as much as the US/North American sale prices? You think, even though the sale prices aren't quite as good, they'd still advertise it.

Bah! I forgot you were under the Australian XBL, which you even mentioned back on the first page. So it sounds like they are on sale for you, but just not as much as the US/North American sale prices? You think, even though the sale prices aren't quite as good, they'd still advertise it.

As always, I blame EB Games (the Australian Gamestop).

I went ahead and bought The Witcher 2 for $10. I have it on PC, but it runs like crud on my rig and CD Projekt Red deserve money.

According to Paul Thurrott, the next free game (July 16th) will be Assassin's Creed II.

Back