Xbox Live Used for Games 60% of the Time

HardOCP News

[H] News
I’m not sure why this is so shocking, most people that own an Xbox 360 do a lot more than just game on it.

Speaking to attendees of BMO Capital Markets Digital Entertainment Conference in New York, Dennis Durkin, corporate vice president and chief operating and financial officer of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business, said that 40 percent of Xbox Live members in the U.S. are spending their time on the console on non-gaming activities. That includes things like watching streaming movies on Netflix, listening to music content on the Zune and Last.fm apps, and eyeballing friends on Twitter and Facebook.

No, all they do is watch netflix. No one uses zune, and who the hell woulddo twitter or facebook from an Xbox?

No, all they do is watch netflix. No one uses zune, and who the hell woulddo twitter or facebook from an Xbox?

this guy would :eek:

redneck1.jpg

Lol .. we used to play games, but have not found any I enjoy on 360 anymore. Its now used to stream netflix and connect to xbmc.

I use it only for gaming, and the kids will watch videos on it time to time via Media Center.

-Xzi

My 360 is used 100% for games. I refuse to pay even one dollar for Gold so that limits a lot of the things I can do with it.

For me mostly gaming but maybe 30-40 percent Netflix and watching video's through PS3 Media server (it works great on the 360 as well).

I don't like is how everybody is saying free these days
I noticed MS dropped the Silver designation on the new dashboard update and Avast says Free Antivirus instead of just Avast

Still beats my Nintendo Wii used only 3% of the time for anything. Might as well be a paper weight.

Hi guys! Never thought that xbox can do that! My kids just plays on it. Never did tinker with that thing. Maybe I need to try it anytime soon.

Back