Xbox LIVE Gold Features Free This Weekend

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
To kickoff the new Xbox 360 Dashboard introduced this week along with recruiting new Gold memberships, Microsoft is unlocking all of the Gold features this weekend for all to use. So make a beeline to your console and login to Xbox Live to get all of the free goodies.

That means for this weekend only, everyone will be able to play their games online, as well as connect with Facebook and use exclusive features like Lovefilm and Video Kinect.

Last edited:
Hey cool! I can go get my cars from Forza now without having to pay!

You mean I can do all the things every other gaming company already lets me do for free for a whole weekend.

Gee thanks microsoft.

You mean I can do all the things every other gaming company already lets me do for free for a whole weekend.

Gee thanks microsoft.

Really? The Nintendo Wii has facebook integration and twitter/smart.fm now? Oh, wait. When you said every other gaming company did you mean just 1 other company Sony as well as what PC gamers get for free through provided by multiple companies/applications/systems?

In other news, it's probably for the best to stay away from XBL this weekend.

Hmm, that's a nice carrot to dangle in front of people to get them to update their consoles to the new dashboard. The problem is that by accepting the new dashboard EULA you sign away your right to sue microsoft should you incur any damages due to their negligence (i.e. them getting hacked and your personal information stolen).

Sounds like a way to get many unwitting people to sign away their right to sue in the new arbitration clause in the xbox live terms of service. link

This means you can finally use your Xbox360 to watch Netflix without paying an additional subscription fee on top of the monthly Netflix subscription.

Just like every other device out there, progress!

Back