cageymaru

Fully [H]
Every wanted a Xbox One console but really didn't want to pay the upfront costs? Don't fret because Microsoft and Dell are here to save the day! Xbox All Access is now live and allows customers to finance a new Xbox console with 2 years of Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold services included. The Xbox All Access bundle with the Xbox One X console will cost $35 a month and the Xbox One S bundle is only $22 a month. A Dell Preferred Account is required to finance the purchase at 0% APR for 24 months. If you want out of the deal then just pay the remaining balance off.

What is Xbox All Access?

With Xbox All Access, get a new Xbox One S or Xbox One X, unlimited access to over 100 great games with Xbox Game Pass for 24 months, and online multiplayer with Xbox Live Gold for 24 months. That's 100+ all-you-can-play games--including new Xbox exclusives-- the fastest, most reliable gaming network, and an Xbox One console for no upfront cost and one low monthly price. Available for a limited time while supplies last.

The MS website is getting hammered! For a minute or so I thought they had taken the page down.

I question financing video game consoles. Exception being a parent that can't afford this upfront and doesn't want their kid to miss out. I doubt this is the target demographic. I think this is a way to convert people on Switch or PS4. Low upfront cost and the services can almost give you access to every game should play on xbox with minimal effort.

I just played Doom 2016, Gears of War 4, Mega Man Legacy Collection through game pass for example.

This is surprisingly decent deal. Two year no interest financing is way better than I would have expected.

i try to get my 10yr old kid to play pc games as i have a decent rig and deals on games are around. he would like to have a console though but i cant justify a console and games being 70-80 with very few deals. this may come out being the same, but 100 games, if good games, may not be a bad deal. still trying to avoid it as i am trying to get them away from being on a screen too much.

i try to get my 10yr old kid to play pc games as i have a decent rig and deals on games are around. he would like to have a console though but i cant justify a console and games being 70-80 with very few deals. this may come out being the same, but 100 games, if good games, may not be a bad deal. still trying to avoid it as i am trying to get them away from being on a screen too much.
Guessing you are up north. There are deals on console games all the time. Normally games drop to $40 after amonth or so. After a year they are typically around the $20 mark.

Canada need not apply. Also sucks that you have to visit a MS store to actually get your shit.

Lame.. can you not do it online? Closest store to me is over 4 hours away lol.. smh

How is this a good deal?
You pay around 220$ extra than if you just buy it up front

How is this a good deal?
You pay around 220$ extra than if you just buy it up front
I think it is significantly cheaper because of the price of Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass over the course of 2 years.

I have no desire to own a console at all, but my problem with them is the opposite.

I'm fine with the upfront costs, but as long as the online component requires a paid subscription, there will never be one on my network, out of principle.

I have no desire to own a console at all, but my problem with them is the opposite.

I'm fine with the upfront costs, but as long as the online component requires a paid subscription, there will never be one on my network, out of principle.

What you are paying for is seamless integration and oversight provided in a walled-garden environment. You want to play xbox for a year, it costs you about 35 to 40 bucks a year because you buy the cards cheap and stack them for 3 years.
For that $35 or $40 a year you also get 2-5 games per month free and additional discounts on already on-sale games every month. So that's like 50+ (figure 20 are worth keeping) for free, download and play if you want, as long as you're a member you have open access to them. You can also use the Primary Xbox sign-on ability to pair-up with someone, friend or family, that you trust and then you can
basically download each others purchased digital titles and use them on your own xbox with your account, it's like their version of Family Sharing.

Long story short, its a cheap price to pay for seamless integration with voice/chat apps where every game 100% works with the mic and has it integrated into the standard control layout.......

I get the push-back, free is free...but you're paying a small fee for convenience and integration and you're getting a lot of free software in return, even if only 20% of it is worth keeping and playing through (depending on your tolerance for trying new things or replaying things you own on disc), it's not a bad value.

Now, add in the game-streaming service and then its a different bucket of octopuses.....I think, honestly haven't thought about it. :p

What you are paying for is seamless integration and oversight provided in a walled-garden environment. You want to play xbox for a year, it costs you about 35 to 40 bucks a year because you buy the cards cheap and stack them for 3 years.
For that $35 or $40 a year you also get 2-5 games per month free and additional discounts on already on-sale games every month. So that's like 50+ (figure 20 are worth keeping) for free, download and play if you want, as long as you're a member you have open access to them. You can also use the Primary Xbox sign-on ability to pair-up with someone, friend or family, that you trust and then you can
basically download each others purchased digital titles and use them on your own xbox with your account, it's like their version of Family Sharing.

Long story short, its a cheap price to pay for seamless integration with voice/chat apps where every game 100% works with the mic and has it integrated into the standard control layout.......

I get the push-back, free is free...but you're paying a small fee for convenience and integration and you're getting a lot of free software in return, even if only 20% of it is worth keeping and playing through (depending on your tolerance for trying new things or replaying things you own on disc), it's not a bad value.

Now, add in the game-streaming service and then its a different bucket of octopuses.....I think, honestly haven't thought about it. :p

None of that appeals to me. I like controlling the experience myself, without anyone elses servers or clouds involved. I prefer connecting directly to community servers and never using official ones. (This is what turned me off from CS after CS:GO launched)

I don't use discord or twitch. I don't stream and I don't like streams or streamers. I don't like cloud services. I'm perfectly fine with TeamSpeak or Ventrilo though, because I control the server. Essentially, if something requires me to sign in to an account I probably don't want it. It's bad enough that I have to have a Steam account. That will be the only account I have to any service in my gaming experience.

It annoys the hell out of me that Windows 10 won't let me uninstall that crappy Xbox integration bullshit app.

I wouldn't want an Xbox-like experience even if it were free, and I'm definitely not paying for it. The worst tragedy in computers and gaming in the last 15 years is the extent people have voluntarily ceded control to these giant cloud morons in exchange for a little convenience.

Control is always better than convenience.

I want everything connected to the internet to work the way it did 15 years ago with everything local, no cloud services or big data and online games are only on community servers. I'm fine with more powerful hardware and better looking graphics. I'm not fine with ceding control to faceless corporations and their awful cloud services.

Last edited:
This is surprisingly decent deal. Two year no interest financing is way better than I would have expected.

It's not "interest free." They just hide the interest in the monthly fee. You pay $528 over two years firm a $250 Xbox One S, and a 2-year Game pass subscription (normally 10/mo = $240 service fee). 528 - 240 = 288, which is $30 more than the cost of a retail console.

On top of that, there are often discounts on the console, as well as pretty common discounts on Game Pass. This one makes it $6.66 / month for 9 months, assuming you're prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Game-Pa...s-20&linkId=d585d71760cb01bdc5b9817c934ae128&

Not really a good deal unless you have to have it yesterday, or you're so bad with money that saving up $250 is untenable for you. Paying the MSRP for the console plus 27 months of Amazon Game Pass today would save you a hundred dollars off Microsoft's payment system (it doesn't say one-per-houshold).

I won't disagree that Game Pass is a good deal, but like all of Microsoft's services, they're easier to stomach if you buy them at discount. MS still makes a big profit, even at 30% off.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I question financing video game consoles. Exception being a parent that can't afford this upfront and doesn't want their kid to miss out. I doubt this is the target demographic. I think this is a way to convert people on Switch or PS4. Low upfront cost and the services can almost give you access to every game should play on xbox with minimal effort.

I just played Doom 2016, Gears of War 4, Mega Man Legacy Collection through game pass for example.

I kept telling people I wasn't going to play Doom 2016 till it was free... game pass let me do that... and I feel I was correct about the worth of the game.

It's not "interest free." They just hide the interest in the monthly fee. You pay $528 over two years firm a $250 Xbox One S, and a 2-year Game pass subscription (normally 10/mo = $240 service fee). 528 - 240 = 288, which is $30 more than the cost of a retail console.

On top of that, there are often discounts on the console, as well as pretty common discounts on Game Pass. This one makes it $6.66 / month for 9 months, assuming you're prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Game-Pa...s-20&linkId=d585d71760cb01bdc5b9817c934ae128&

Not really a good deal unless you have to have it yesterday, or you're so bad with money that saving up $250 is untenable for you. Paying the MSRP for the console plus 27 months of Amazon Game Pass today would save you a hundred dollars off Microsoft's payment system (it doesn't say one-per-houshold).

I won't disagree that Game Pass is a good deal, but like all of Microsoft's services, they're easier to stomach if you buy them at discount. MS still makes a big profit, even at 30% off.
You forgot that Xbox live costs money too... Just sayin'...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I am always wary of 0% finance (especially furniture stores). Usually there's some hidden back interest clause which hammers you for the full interest charge of the entire purchase if you ever miss a payment by the due date.

Back