Xbox 2016 E3 Event Live

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft's Xbox 2016 media briefing is set to kick off at 9:30am PT. Warning, this is a Twitch stream so it will autoplay once the event goes live. How many of you think we will see the rumored Xbox One Slim?

*Updated with YouTube video for those of you that missed the stream*

gow isnt as awe inspiring as i was expecting. Not bad for sure, but nothing wowzors so far.

Internal power supply on the new Slim if I read another site correctly. Nice. Massive honkin' power bricks suck.

Internal power supply on the new Slim if I read another site correctly. Nice. Massive honkin' power bricks suck.

If that is true that might get me upgrade mine. With 2 of them for the wife and I, those get ugly lol.

Curious to see what the pricing on it will be... hope they keep it in the ~$300 range.

Introducing the Newest Member of the Xbox Family: The Xbox One S

For increased accessibility, we shifted one of the three USB ports and the pairing button to the front of the Xbox One S alongside the newly added IR blaster. Additionally, in order to make the Xbox One S as compact as possible and make all of these updates, we removed the dedicated Kinect port from the back. Kinect for Xbox One will still be compatible with Xbox One S via the Xbox Kinect Adapter for USB connection and offers the same great experiences as the current console. For fans that currently own a Kinect for Xbox One and plan to purchase the Xbox One S, we are offering a free Xbox Kinect Adapter. Visit xbox.com/XboxOne/KinectAdapter for more details.

All Xbox One games, accessories and Xbox Live services will work with the new Xbox One S. With 500GB, 1TB and special launch edition 2TB options, you can choose the hard drive that’s right for you. The limited quantity 2TB launch edition Xbox One S will be available in select markets starting early August for $399 USD, with the 1TB Xbox One S for $349 USD and the 500GB Xbox One S for $299 USD arriving thereafter. The Xbox One Vertical Stand will also be available for standalone purchase for $19.99 USD.

*Bluetooth capabilities require Windows 10 devices running the Windows Anniversary Update

They just announced the "project scorpio" xbox for late 2017. 6 tera-flops of gpu power is what they claim.

That's 980Ti performance. If they can pull that off they may have something viable for a while.
Console games are more optimized than PC games, so this from optimization pov, could be what we have today on PC.

piQ63p2.png

I like the new bluetooth controller. Finally no adapter for windows pcs

I like the new bluetooth controller. Finally no adapter for windows pcs

Still need a seperate bluetooth adapter. lets see if they fix the fuckin shitty controller though. I've had two where the sticks drift regardless of their position. PS4 controller not inch. Im curious to how the steam controller feels though.

I don't have an Xbox One so I'm pretty happy that more games I want to play are coming to Windows 10. That Play Anywhere feature is something I've been waiting for.

I don't have an Xbox One so I'm pretty happy that more games I want to play are coming to Windows 10. That Play Anywhere feature is something I've been waiting for.

That's what I liked the most from the presentation.

Over all holy meh!

Xbox S was pretty expected as it is. Still "new" but nothing special.

Scorpio is the same shit Sony is doing and not out til next year and will probably be expensive and already out powered by PC. Not only that but it will surely kill S sales as why would anyone buy one now? Just wait a year for the better one and play all the same games...

The games were pretty shitty. State of Decay 2 and Forza Horizons 3 look like they'll be interesting but Sea of Thieves looks like it'll be too hard to setup a decent game with random people (no one has 10 friends to play with simultaneously). GOW4 looks generic as shit. ReCore looks like some cheap indie game with the original premise thrown out the window.

Over all a pretty fucking weak showing if I do say so myself.

It seems the Xbox One S doesn't support 4k blu-ray, just 4k streaming.

Do you have a source stating this? The very link you quoted has the line "Most notably, there’s 4K Ultra HD video support (including 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray)"

IMO, that is a pretty big deal. Today, you'll drop $400 on a standalone UHD BR player. If, in two months, we'll be able to spend $100 less than that and get a UHD BR player that also happens to be a full fledged game console... that's going to get one underneath my TV in a heartbeat. But if its just 4k Netflix, not interested.

EDIT: The product page on Amazon also states "Stream 4K video on Netflix and Amazon Video, and watch UHD Blu-ray movies in stunning 4K Ultra HD."

I'm taking that as a pretty solid fact, this this is a full on UHD BR player. Got one pre-ordered. I can always cancel if the facts change before August.

Do you have a source stating this? The very link you quoted has the line "Most notably, there’s 4K Ultra HD video support (including 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray)"

IMO, that is a pretty big deal. Today, you'll drop $400 on a standalone UHD BR player. If, in two months, we'll be able to spend $100 less than that and get a UHD BR player that also happens to be a full fledged game console... that's going to get one underneath my TV in a heartbeat. But if its just 4k Netflix, not interested.

EDIT: The product page on Amazon also states "Stream 4K video on Netflix and Amazon Video, and watch UHD Blu-ray movies in stunning 4K Ultra HD."

I'm taking that as a pretty solid fact, this this is a full on UHD BR player. Got one pre-ordered. I can always cancel if the facts change before August.

I stand corrected

That's 980Ti performance. If they can pull that off they may have something viable for a while.
Console games are more optimized than PC games, so this from optimization pov, could be what we have today on PC.
It will certainly be in a better position when it comes out next year compared to the current consoles, but we'll also have Volta and Navi possibly released by then on the PC side. So once again the hardware will be obsolete by the time it comes out by two generations. There is also the possibility that the CPU part of the SOC is still going to be the weak link in the chain, since they're not talking about that.

Yeah, this has to be exaggerated...look at the optical drive slot on a current Xbox One, and the image above. There is no way you could put a Blu-ray / DVD / game in that small of a slot

I tried a very rudimentary comparison done by lining up the DVD slots. From that it looks to be about the same size as the Xbox 360 S.

Attachments

• xbos_Size2.jpg
    xbos_Size2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 9
Still need a seperate bluetooth adapter. lets see if they fix the fuckin shitty controller though. I've had two where the sticks drift regardless of their position. PS4 controller not inch. Im curious to how the steam controller feels though.

I have not had any such issue with my Xbox One controllers.

And that is what helped sell PS3s. Why spend $600 on a Blu-ray player when for the same price you can get something that can also play games.

Yeah, this has to be exaggerated...look at the optical drive slot on a current Xbox One, and the image above. There is no way you could put a Blu-ray / DVD / game in that small of a slot
I think they were going for a pure percentage comparison here that is easily understood visually, as in they applied the 40% reduction to the length, width and height of the current console. I'm sure in total volume it's 60% the size of the original console

Back