• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X99 compatible with Corsair 550C?

arail

n00b
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
3
I've never done this before so pardon me if the question is out of place (I'll bet you get that a lot around here).
I like the Corsair Obsidian series. I especially like the 450D but I have a sense from reading the description on the Corsair website that the 550D has more noise dampening than the 450D. So I'll accept the larger size. But is the X99 compatible with the 550D?

Thanks in advance for any advice you've got.
 
It's an ATX case, why wouldn't it? The case will fit any ATX or Micro ATX motherboard.
 
Don't know if you need it, but the 650D has a built-in external SATA drive bay. I have built a few workstations using an Asus X-99 Deluxe in the 650.
 
Thanks. I don't need an external SATA drive, I'm more concerned abut size and noise - smaller and quieter is important. My desk faces my wife's desk across a small room and she works on a Mac laptop (no noise). So if I bring in a big loud monster I'll never hear the end of it.
 
Any case that complies with the ATX form factor should be able to accommodate a typical X99 board, unless there's an E-ATX board I'm unaware of that you're wanting.
 
Back
Top