• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

X99 build upgrading from X58

PAo_ReVoLT

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 4, 2008
Messages
2,036
The time is here for a long waiting upgrade from my i7-980x

I have been out of the loop for quite a while.

This is what I got so far. Need some suggestion.

PSU - Reuse my SeaSonic Platinum-1000 1000W
CPU - Intel Core i7-5960X - $1050
Mobo - ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME - $500
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 32GB (4 x 8GB) x2 (64GB) - $1100
GPU - Waiting for GTX980 x3 (for Triple 4k)
BluRay - Reuse my LG Bluray
HDD - reuse my old 160gb Intel SSD X25 first gen until Samsung M.2 SM951 is released
CPU Cooling - CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 - $115
Case - Need recommendation, need a clean look. no crazy LED, a lian-li may be?
UPS - I also need recommendation for a UPS.
OS - Window 8.1 64bit

I'm still deciding between build my own or Digitalstorm Aventum just because time saving and I really can't build that beautiful like they can.
 
Last edited:
It would help if you answered the stickied "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST!"

With that said, getting a $1000 CPU isn't a good idea outside of "I want the best regardless of price" line of thinking.
 
Back
Top