x800xt AIW Ocing r4xx core ppl look

Unoid

[H]ard|Gawd
I just took my x800xt aiw (1.6ns samsung memory) to 575/585 on the stock single slot cooler.

I didn't think the r420 core could hit 575mhz on such a small cooler?

what are other overclocks of those with my same card or even x850xt's..

Unoid said:
I just took my x800xt aiw (1.6ns samsung memory) to 575/585 on the stock single slot cooler.

I didn't think the r420 core could hit 575mhz on such a small cooler?

what are other overclocks of those with my same card or even x850xt's..

Not really fair to compare that cards OC to an X850...they come with a different/beefed up cooler. Other then that, I hit about 570-580 on the stock cooler with my X800XT-PE...pretty much the same cooler.

Other then that, I ended up taking my old XT-PE's core up to 702MHz with some voltmods and watercooling...fun times. :D

sounds good, I'm getting a maze4gpu in today and ramsinks.
ALthought I've searched and haven't found any documented x800xt AIW vmods. wish I knew because I got massive watercooling :)

Unoid said:
sounds good, I'm getting a maze4gpu in today and ramsinks.
ALthought I've searched and haven't found any documented x800xt AIW vmods. wish I knew because I got massive watercooling :)

You won't be dissapointed still with the results on stock voltage...just putting h2O on my X800XT-PE I cleared 600Mhz on the core very easily with stock voltage...somewhere around 620 i think...but ymmv.

I have the same x800xt aiw and it tops out at basically exactly the same speeds as yours (I think it can hang 580/580, depending on the game). I'm interested to see what your results will be with some better cooling. I don't WC, but I've considered a silencer or zalman.
Post back in this thread with results!

wow, ati tray tools / ati tool artifact tester lets me push 585/585 w/o artifact, but when i play games I am stuck at 540/565 or else I get bluescreens

I'll be publishing some info after I waterblock it.

My watersetup "worklog in sig" should be able to keep the gpu at under 40C. My CPU should be putting out more wattage of heat and its 35C load.

lets hope it allows for more stable OC's

Unoid said:
My watersetup "worklog in sig" should be able to keep the gpu at under 40C. My CPU should be putting out more wattage of heat and its 35C load.

lets hope it allows for more stable OC's

I think before I started going nuts with the GPU voltage on my card I never went any higher then 40-42C max load with the core around 620MHz. Cooling was a DangerDen Maze4, and a 1x120mm Heatercore with a single 80cfm fan. Considering I had my 3.4GHz Prescott @ 4GHz on a DangerDen TDX block RIGHT before the X800XT-PE in the loop (basically feeding it warmer water) I'd say temps were alright.

Have fun. :)

Unoid said:
wow, ati tray tools / ati tool artifact tester lets me push 585/585 w/o artifact, but when i play games I am stuck at 540/565 or else I get bluescreens

That's like.....backwards.

Unoid said:

I have often been able to push video card clocks higher then I should have been able to using driver utilities such as rivatuner or the ATI CC...but with something like ATITool, it largely has to do with what kind of priority you're setting in ATI Tool and how long you're actually letting it run and heatup your card. If I want an OC that I know I'll be able to use in all my games I'll set it fairly close to the "lower OC" end of the slider, and let it run it's detection/heatup cycle for a good 12 hours...and then if I want more out of the card for benchmarks that only last a short time (a minute for each test of 3DMark2001, or a five minute run of 3DMark03/05) I'll push it farther manually to the point where I'm not running into lockups and artifacts for the needed amount of time.

Depends on how much time you're willing to devote to the OC.

Back