X800 XT PE is coming!!!

phatjedi

Gawd
Newegg sent me an email that there Sapphire X800XT PE were in stock and I went and grabbed one along with a Viewsonic 22" CRT. I am pretty excited. I have been holding on to gift certificates I had at Newegg and it paid off. I am going to miss my Hercules 9800 Pro. It has been working great, but it was time for me to step up.
Soon as I get it hooked up to my PC I will report back. I almost bought the PCI express version, but I am not ready to let go of the 875 chipset. The 915 and 925 chipsets with PCI express do not seem that much faster right now.
:D

I also went from a Hercules 9800 Pro to an XTPE. Don't get too excited, your performance will only DOUBLE :p

I kinda miss that pretty Hercules card though.

I have the Sapphire XT PE, and I suppose it gets a few more fps than my old AIW 9800 pro did.

If you're going to OC it at all, go ahead and order you an ATI Silencer 4. They're awesome just for cooling benefit to your case even if don't OC the card

Not sure I am going to over clock it. It will do everything I need it to and then some the way it is. Just looking forward to playing games with everything turned on at high resolution.
9800 Pro is a great card, but I don't think it will hang with this new card. :p

Hey, enjoy that new card. I just got the same exact card a week ago, and I love it. I upgraded from a 9800 pro aiw. Im glad I did. Paid $550 at monarch computers. Also, when I got mine I received it in a retail x800xt box. Boy, I freeked. I thought for sure they sent me the wrong card. I called monarch and the guy said it should be a PE. Sure enough it was, but I got screwed out of splinter cell pandoras tomorrow. Oh well, I love the card and that's all I care about. Have fun!

I am pissed! I spent 480$ on a X800XT and then NewEgg sells a Saphire X800XTPE for 40 Dollars less! I mean the performance gain/fall is minimal but the braging rights! Oh the Braging Rights! :D

I bought a EAX800XT-PE 2DHTV Asus for 820$CAN, while the Sapphire X850XT-PE was like 670$.

Sapphire really sucks on performance, for the price is good for what you get, of course.

T-nm said:
Sapphire really sucks on performance

What are you basing this off of? My Sapphire XT PE is among the 30 or so XTPE scores in the 3dmark05 thread at the hardforum. And I think my p4 3.0 is holding it back...most of the scores above me have amd64, fx, or higher p4 chips. Also a lot of them are water or phase change cooled.

Eh, I think there used to be problems with Sapphire. But the current cards rock!

I have an ATI X800XT PE and it's awesome. Bought it a month ago and it was worth every penny.

T-nm said:
I bought a EAX800XT-PE 2DHTV Asus for 820$CAN, while the Sapphire X850XT-PE was like 670$.

Sapphire really sucks on performance, for the price is good for what you get, of course.

WHERE.... WHERE THE HELL DID YOU FIND A EAX800XT-PE
I live near Toronto Onatrio and I can't find anyone who sells this card, heck I can't find any store that can even order me one!

I will gladly pay the 800 dollar price tag for it!
I am sadly looking at the more avalible Sapphier X800XT-PE for my new card. But man, if I can find a EAX800XT-PE I would buy one in a SEC, it would go so good with my Asus A8N SLI Deluxe.

ThisMonsterLives said:
I also went from a Hercules 9800 Pro to an XTPE. Don't get too excited, your performance will only DOUBLE :p

I kinda miss that pretty Hercules card though.

Is that the one with the blue LED and the blue PCB? That fucking card looks sweet.

bboynitrous said:
Is that the one with the blue LED and the blue PCB? That fucking card looks sweet.

yeah, I wish Hercules still made video cards. :(

3dprophet.jpg

ThisMonsterLives said:
yeah, I wish Hercules still made video cards. :(

3dprophet.jpg

yeah so do I. atleast we have HIS now making top end cards with ramsinks and vga silencers installed.

Back