X79 Raid 0 Issues

Emmo007

n00b
I couldnt manage to set Raid 0 while installing win7 64 bit edition. My Mobo is Asus P9X79 Deluxe and I am using Intel's latest drivers for the insallation. But win7 keeps asking for an updated driver during the installation process :(
The BIOS is updated to 906 version, but I couldnt manage to set Raid 0 for my 120 GB Corsair GT SSDs
HELP ME PLEASEEE

I thought you were going to dump your problem infested -
hated X79 D for an MSI? Second thoughts?
And there is an official X79 thread.

your post is not clear at all

First you say you cant "set" (software?) RAID 0, while installing Windows. You set RAID 0 and build volume During initial post. Install Win 7 after. Partition/format during install
You put the SSD's on Intel port 1 and 2, set RAID in bios, unplug all other drives/disable ASMedia and Marvel and use SATA 6 locking cables, then you create HARDWARE RAID by clicking cntrl-I (as in "eye") quickly during initial boot from Intel RAID welcome screen. You need 2 (not 1) separate non boot, preferably cleaned, drives
If you have got your raid array volume created successfully (cntrl-I) and are now trying the Win 7 install, after partitioning and formatting...............
First of all you cant just allow Win 7 to install with MS drivers after hitting next with no adv/driver add in. The chipset has RSTe (enterprise) not RST anymore, and it cant just put in a generic SATA driver. Win 7 SP1 knows nothing about X79. So you put the F6 driver pack ("A" version not "SCU" version) on a USB stick and have it ready. You do not put it in until needed since it will screw up letters. That brings up the FOCUS issue. When installing you are focused on the install DVD. When you go to the add driver mode and allow setup to look for driver .inf you are now focused on the USB stick. After finding and loading the .inf to a temp file you REMOVE the USB. Now you cant go foward until you REFOCUS back to install mode by clicking on the back arrow in uppermost left corner and highlighting install partition and hitting refresh. Now you can hit next.

When you do the RAID stuff in Intel you will see the oprom welcome screen at boot and you must know which OPROM is in current bios - write it down. It will go by fast so hit pause key to hold it. There have been 3 major releases of RTSe.
(up to) 3002003, (up to) 3003020 and (up to) 3017016
As of this minute the only version on site is 3002003 for Deluxe
Depending on bios version your oprom may be later, may not.
Win 7 will not allow loading DURING RAID INSTALL of O/S a major higher vers of RSTe than UEFI embedded version.
So if you try RSTe 3017016 on a bios with 3001184 it probably wont go. So, just during install do not load an RSTe .inf higher than oprom embedded.

Lastly if yiou are building a new box with new/wiped SSD HDD and insert a Win 7 X64 disk and boot to it you will prob make a GPT drive. To prevent this you can go to boot page and under boot overrides you will see 2 exactly identical DVD devices - one ith UEFI and one without. Just pick the one without and click it.

yPa2o.jpg

My BIOS version is 3001184 and how can I find a suitable RSTe version then ?
Or is it possible to upgrade OPROM?

The SSDs are placed Intek SATA 6.0 Gb/s connectors (check)
The relevant SATA 6.0 locking cables are used (check)
ASmedia and Marvel are disabled (check)
Drivers are loaded to a NTFS formated USB Stick (check)
As the Oprom version is 3001184, the RSTe AHCI RAID Controller Miniport + RST Filter Driver 3.0.0.1112 drivers are copied to USB Stick from Mobo Drivers (check)

"The [Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA Raid Controller (c:\AHCI\x64\iaStorA.inf)] device driver could not be installed. Contact your vendor for an updated driver."

This is my issue

You are not alone, this is common, I would like to get a handle on this. One person solved by putting Win 7 on bootable USB WITH driver F6 also, but I think it was just the focus issue. Another used ASRock X79 X9 RSTe - doesnt have all the choices as on ASUS, just the 3002003, And you MUST make sure its X64 not X86 on USB pick
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=X79 Extreme9&o=Win764
FWIW the "need later driver error" ususally means something else - need appropriate driver or better load config for device. But in your case it may be so.

You need the 3.0.0.2003 (ship) driver for 3001184 - the one on X79 D ASUS website per my pic in prev post. Where\hhow did you get the 3.0.0.1112?

I have built half dozen X79 of various types but never RAIDed, and I have none on hand at the minute.

Another thing is you may be making a GPT drive RAID array, especially with a new fresh or wiped (no partition) drive. When booting to Win 7 DVD you must press F8 during boot and pick DVD device (there will be two identical) WITHOUT the UEFI designation.

Did you take out the USB stick after the add driver option found your .inf, go back and refresh on the partitioning page?
Did the add driver pick up the .inf?
Are you using the "driver" folder in ASUS 3002003, not "install/driver"?
In other words did you get the error when continuing the install after 7 finding driver or at the time of finding driver?

Did you use USB 2.0 stick in a USB I/O plate KNOWN 2.0 port?
Have you tried Fat32??
Do you have "AUTO" set in bios for USB?
MZPu5.jpg

Heres latest Intel F6 ((prob too late) put both A and S X64 (SCU SCSI Control Utility) on stick, click show all drivers in add drivers action and see if it picks up both, if not go back and add driver again and see if you can pick up second (S) also
Put both on USB
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...92&keyword=rste&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng

Official release with "full" version and "F6" driver files.

F6 driver files
The F6 driver download contains a directory with the following four subdirectories:
RSTe_f6_iaStorA_32 (SATA AHCI/RAID drivers for 32bit OS)
RSTe_f6_iaStorA_64 (SATA AHCI/RAID drivers for 64bit OS)
RSTe_f6_iaStorS_32 (SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) drivers for 32bit OS)
RSTe_f6_iaStorS_64 (SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) drivers for 64bit OS)

Copy the 7 files from RSTe_f6_iaStorA_32 or RSTe_f6_iaStorA_64 to an USB stick, and load them by selecting "Load Driver" in the beginning of Windows 7 setup.

Drivers:
"Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
"Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA RAID Controller"
(As named in "F6"/"Load Driver" installation and in Device Manager).

Coming to this late. Did you get it working already? If not...

In W7 Setup, the section where you can partition the drives, you will see an option to load drivers. Click that and load the driver from your USB drive. Then you can partition your drives and start the Windows installation.

Make sure the driver you're using is this one: Intel RST F6 Driver Diskettes for W7 64bit.

Last edited:
Cisco guy.......I've read thru this thread several times and would like to understand a little more.

I'm very familiar with a RAID0 install and you're having a terrible time with a normally easy process.

My X58 board was nothing like this.

Are the problems with the X79 or UEFI?

Its a new chipset
No more RST (except one single legacy X86 vers)
First we had separate Matrix RAID
Then we went to all in one RST (AHCI/RAID)
Now we have RSTe (enterprise)
X3O5j.jpg

Notice enterprise is "optional"
So now we have a new variable - do all X79 support RSTe?
Basic P9X79 to R4E? MSI/ GB? ASR?
Or is it left as optional just for the single legacy X86 RST?
heres the current intel RSTe F6 download with A and S on Intel site
2B7co.jpg

Would you know which to pick?
Would you know if you need both?
S means SAS serial attatched SCSI
SCSI has that 50/25 channel wide ribbon cable
SAS is SCSI with a conventional serial SATA cable.
Then there the SCU (SAS Control Utility) (like Marvel MSU/MRU) that needs an F6 driver
Ever seen this before?
sAhRE.jpg

SCU has its own version like Marvel 4.xxx
xhIe8.jpg

How bout this?
0Oh8R.jpg

Like I said I have built 5 or six X79 but only AHCI
Didnt know it was a big issue, and now have none on hand to experiment with.
Intel is the big problem ever since the B2 -B3 issue.
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=221746
They have been dropping the ball ever since.
I know the Marvel MSU causes stuttering and artifacts, maybe the Intel SCU does too?
BIOS OPROMS changing like crazy, 2 major RSTe updates since ship but original only still on website
There were supposed to be 4 SAS ports on the X79 (and added SATA6) but that was aborted - couldnt make it work
Read here - the SATA port discussion
http://www.techspot.com/review/484-intel-x79-motherboard-roundup/page4.html
http://www.guru3d.com/news/intel-to...d-this-yearbut--with-reduced-functionalities/

And heres the GPT AFTER INSTALL AND FIRST BOOT black screen or F1 setup error
As the guy said any GPT boot drive must be set as winbootmanager and be FIRST in boot order.
GPT will not boot thru an MBR device. Windows has no way to alter your boot sequence, but will initially install to a Campbell Soup can.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1196432/sabertooth-x79-cant-install-windows

Are we having fun yet?

Edit: Are you the AT "old hippie"?
You must be really old now - heh

Last edited:
OK.

Intel has renamed the RST to an optional RSTe for the X79.

Are these drivers for the X79 Intel MBs only? Or am I missing something from this page?

The SAS/SCSI thing is pretty much a no-brainer.

I'm well aware of the Intel port fiasco but I don't feel it has anything to do with this situation.

I'm not familiar with this optional UEFI stuff and thought this may be a factor but it doesn't look like it.

I definately appreciate the info and "Yes" if you see "Old Hippie" spelled and spaced exactly like that...it's me.

I've never had the desire or paranoia to change my name and try to hide myself.

I'm on many different boards (music, cars, aquariums, fireworks, computers, drugs, audio, video) with many different hobbies and use the same nickname. :)

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. :)

yeah those are def RSTe only
RSTe is 3.x.x.xxxx drivers. Period
Last RST driver avail from vendor websites are 10.5xxx or 10.6 or 10.8, also 11.0 11.5 etc from insider sites
You cant install Windows with any P67 Z68 RST F6 on an X79
Currently, my thinking is you can install "plain" RSTe with A driver F6, and SAS mode RSTe with S driver F6 (for RAID only) But the chipset diagram shows no SAS support, and if so why are they on the X79 CD?
cUKti.jpg

iKb0Q.jpg

And the separate SCU miniport F6 install is for Win 7 control center for SAS RAID config?

You are not alone, this is common, I would like to get a handle on this. One person solved by putting Win 7 on bootable USB WITH driver F6 also, but I think it was just the focus issue. Another used ASRock X79 X9 RSTe - doesnt have all the choices as on ASUS, just the 3002003, And you MUST make sure its X64 not X86 on USB pick

I am sure that it is X64

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=X79 Extreme9&o=Win764
FWIW the "need later driver error" ususally means something else - need appropriate driver or better load config for device. But in your case it may be so.

You need the 3.0.0.2003 (ship) driver for 3001184 - the one on X79 D ASUS website per my pic in prev post. Where\hhow did you get the 3.0.0.1112?

Those drivers are provided in the Mobos original installation CD

I have built half dozen X79 of various types but never RAIDed, and I have none on hand at the minute.

Another thing is you may be making a GPT drive RAID array, especially with a new fresh or wiped (no partition) drive. When booting to Win 7 DVD you must press F8 during boot and pick DVD device (there will be two identical) WITHOUT the UEFI designation.

Did you take out the USB stick after the add driver option found your .inf, go back and refresh on the partitioning page?

No, because the installation stops with the above stated error message

Did the add driver pick up the .inf?
Are you using the "driver" folder in ASUS 3002003, not "install/driver"?
In other words did you get the error when continuing the install after 7 finding driver or at the time of finding driver?

Windows 7 doesnt continue to install after the error message. You need to stop all the installation process and boot the computer

Did you use USB 2.0 stick in a USB I/O plate KNOWN 2.0 port?
Yes
Have you tried Fat32??
Yes
Do you have "AUTO" set in bios for USB?
Yes
MZPu5.jpg

Ah. O.K. it is the driver
Have you updated your bios/ To what?

download the ASRock f6 driver pak (link in prev) and try it (X64) just put it in the USB as folder "Disk" with files in there
60zXs.jpg

0B95E.jpg

If that doesnt work download/try the Intel F6 3017016 "A" vers X64 on their site and do the same.

Edit: this is kinda far out, but some SSD manuf use same serial for same drives under certain conditions - refurb. If your identical drives have same ser they will never RAID

Last edited:
The BIOS is updated to 0906 version
I have already tried Intel F6 drivers and the serial numbers of my SSDs are different.
I willl give a try to ASRock drivers but I am really very unpleasent as Intel and Asus's silence on those issues. This is supposed to be the high end product of intel but all the forums are fullfilled with problems

One final question tough; if I give up on Raid 0 think, do you think that I will face similiar problems?

I have managed to install Raid 0 for once, and the system is working on it, but as I updated the BIOS, I wanna have a fresh windows installation. But couldnt manage to pass F6 thing this time :(

I don't understand why you're having this problem. The serial numbers for your SSDs are supposed to be different as you're using 2 different SSDs to do Raid 0. I downloaded the manual for you mb from the Asus website and the procedure is exactly the same as Z68 chipset that I just did a month ago. I setup mine with 2 Kingston Hyperx 128gb SSDs which is similar to yours. I know you probably double checked many times already but just do the following one more time.

In Intel Raid Bios, make sure you have Raid 0 selected and you selected the 2 SSDs for it. Or set it up again by deleting then creating a new raid set.

In W7 Setup, the section where you can partition the drives, you will see an option to load drivers. Click that and load the driver from your USB drive. Then you can partition your drives and start the Windows installation.

Make sure the driver you're using is this one: Intel RST F6 Driver Diskettes for W7 64bit or use the one from Asus's driver disc.

Dear Snowcrash

This is exactly what the problem is ! When you try to load the driver from USB driver, u end up in getting the above stated error message. Therefore, we are trying various drivers and ways to solve this problem. You have technically well summarised the relevant steps but unfortunately driver part is not working.

Thanks for the summary, in any case

@ Emmo0007

So, you WERE able to load RAID 0 with Windows, updated bios and then couldnt get Win 7 install to take same drivers?

This is not a prob with AHCI if you abandon RAID 0

fwiw you can backflash the bios to 0709

When you updated bios did you rename it to P9X79D.rom? Fat32 stick? Use WHITE USB port?
You may have a corrupted bios. Also some bios from ASUS site are occasionally corrupted and they have recently had server probs and 0906 was pulled
Redownload and reflash
6J83j.jpg

I would really appreciate you trying 2 spinner HDD just a s a test? So we can eliminate SSD's as the issue. Fwiw SSD must have hotplug set in bios

Are you overclocking as of yet? If so how high?

Have you tried with one or 2 ram stick?
D1 or D1 B1? Might want to check RAM slot advice in manual

Did you or did you not try the 3017016 F6 "A" and "S" X64 drivers on Intel site, both in same folder "driver" you created?

If you really need the super speed, the 240GB Revo 3 bypasses all this nonsense by inserting to a PCIe slot. But its not cheap $700
http://.com/our-reviews/ocz-revodri...ew-1-5gb-read1-25gb-write200000-iops-for-699/.
Speed is off the charts.

I feel a bit helpless here, with no Deluxe on hand, so cant dig into it in person at this minute.

Once again its not your fault, I have seen a few of these around the web fer sure, even on the ASUS VIP site. Heres an exact duplicate of what happened to you.
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2219814&highlight=
He also says the shipping bios is the only one that worked
Kind of irritating the guys dont mention WHICH SSD they were using.

Per the thread, please put in your Win 7 X64 disk and boot to it and at install window click repair your computer.
It will look for install and not find one, the click the tools button in upper left and go to cmd black icon and type

diskpart
list disk

I'm betting the volune you created doesnt show

I also would think next bios will fix this.

And finally, I dont blame ASUS, I blame Intel

Edit:
Just found a post wont install on Revo drive either
sheesh
Posted:1/19/2012 7:03:00 PM # 1
Hi folks,

I'm having issues with an ASUS P9X79 deluxe. For the last week I have been struggling to install Windows 7 on this new machine with very little success. The main issue seems to be that the RAID is just broken. Using the grey Intel ports I am able to set up the array, install the driver from the support disk and see the drive in Windows setup. For this example I am using 2 intel 160GB SSD's.

So, the drives show up but I get the message that "windows is unable to install to this disk"

Using the marvel ports I can install windows on the drives, even though W7 gives me the same message as above I can actually click next and install the OS. The only problem is, that when windows boots I get an error that Windows failed to start and I get a flashing cursor top left.

Using a PCI express revodrive 3 480GB, I cannot install the OS as I get the same "windows is unable to install to this disk" message.

Installing to a single sata SSD or standard SATA drive I can actually install Windows and get into the OS, but as soon as I install the chipset drivers and reboot it breaks the OS install completely and it cannot be started again or repaired.

The MB is on latest bios (906)
Other specs are:

i7 x3960
32GB kingston Hyper X Genesis 1600
EVGA GTX 5803GB.

Has anyone else encountered these issues? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm very close to taking this thing out back and setting it alight :)

Last edited:
I was updating my BIOS on BIOS screen; but I will give try to this method. One question: while I do this on windows enviroment, or should I turn off the PC, or else?

PC off, but PSU on
Will also work with no CPU or RAM
Uses +5VSB
Its nice becaause any issues with install/config are irrelevent, like bad RAM or 5Ghz O/C
Would never again do it the old way
Remember download 0906 from asus product website again

Please note I have updated and changed my post a bit

I4Sdx.jpg

Last edited:
Once again its not your fault, I have seen a few of these around the web fer sure, even on the ASUS VIP site. Heres an exact duplicate of what happened to you.
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthre...814&highlight=
He also says the shipping bios is the only one that worked
Great thread in that link.

Looks to me like Bankster55 pretty much has idea what's going on.

The tips/observations in his post seems to have a ton a great info on this problem.

Good Luck!

İt didnt work with re-updated bios and listed drivers... İt simply didnt work :(
By the way Old Hippie's link doesnt seem to work

yeah link works for me
What happened? You were answering everything real good, now only the reflash. Burned out?

first - try 2 Spinner HDD RAID 0
second - try cmd prompt diskpart from 7 DVD to see if volume took -
(see if volume in list disk shows as GPT - asterisk on far right)
third - try reflash back to 0709

0VbL2.jpg

Beginning to look more and more like a bios issue.

Last edited:
Beginning to look more and more like a bios issue.
Yep.

Pretty unbelieveable.

Looks like the BIOS version dictates which version of the RSTe must be installed.

Hopefully it'll all be compatable by the time I purchase. LOL!

Edit......What's this crazy stuff about fomatting in GPT? Unbelieveable....this is really screwed-up!

well, if you build a new system and start with a new/wiped drive and X64 (everyone) when you boot to disk you will wind up in GPT modality
Just hit F8 during boot and pick non UEFI choice for DVD drive
Theres quite a learning curve here
And i would wait for the X77 anyways IMHO
CyJYX.jpg

I always make GPT now - 128 primaries 2.19TB partitions 3TB 4TB drives and all drives will soon be 4096B native, not 512B emulated and MBR has no way of handling this

Last edited:
Theres quite a learning curve here
Yep there definately is!

Many will never need GPT and I can already see it screwing people up.

I've always been the "small OS drive with everything else in storage" type of guy.

While I do have one 3 TB disk it's only for a back-up of my WHS's most important files.

A 3TB disk is a major data loss if it goes belly-up and I find that just plain scary. :)

While it would be much safer to back-up that 3TB of data I'll bet 75% of people have no back-up.

IMHO, a default to NTFS should be a no brainer.

I remembered I made a mistake while setting up my raid. If you change settings in bios then directly choose your boot device to exit bios then the settings won't be saved. So maybe you can double check your bios to see if the Intel controller is set to Raid. If not, then change it to Raid and save the bios. Go back in to the the bios then select your boot device.

What s MBR partition and how do I switch to GPT during win7 installation? Or do I need to switch to GPT as UEFI is creating some sort of problem with it?

I have 2 120 Gb of Corsair GT + SSDs and ı wonder whether converting MBR partition to GPT might cause any problems?

First of all, what happened with your no RAID problem?
Have a coupla things i'd like to to try, if prob still exists and you are game?

I have bought a new version of windows7 with a SP1 in it. And now I am able to install all sorft of F6 dirvers with that. Now the issue is with formatting and creating a partition. Windows says this time that my drivers have MBR partition and it requires GPT disks to install windows :p

geeezus - lol

thats easy, your DVD drive must be in MBR mode during install for X64
During boot you press F8 and you will see two exact same DVD's, same port (should be on Intel port 6)
One callout with UEFI in front of it and one with no UEFI
If you want X64 Win 7 MBR you pick the one WITHOUT UEFI and when you pick that one it will boot instantly to the DVD

If your drive had not been ALREADY MBR - cleaned or wiped in other words, it would have made a GPT mode drive, and you would not even have known it. Because you are already MBR it errored out. This doesnt happen with Win 7 X86 - GPT is only X64

İ am a little bit confused here: should i change the format of my SSDs' format to GPT, or shoul i change the DVD to MBR? Bu the way my dvd is on intel port 5, does it matter?

No port 5 is O.K. Just no hot plug for DVD's port
FWIW, I prefer GPT, but if you dont understand the tech, best to stay with MBR, no chance to get into trouble. And you dont change the format - you pick MODE before install by DVD mode choice.
Windows install creates the GPT, UEFI bios O.K.'s it
No UEFI bios no GPT
Its not a format, its still NTFS either way.
And you cant change SSD MBR to GPT without a secure erase, which means all data gone. If you try it easier ways you will get into trouble again.
Its a partitioning protocol - like 128 primaries, no extended/logical
100MB efi.sys FAT32 primary no letter boot
128MB no letter FAT32 hidden MSR partition

Would you minde writing the installation steps one by one? I am going to format the computer and install a fresh win7 in anycase. I might give a try to GPT as this seems to be the latest tech and we have to learn it one way or the other.
For the time being I have an installed win7 so I can also use command promt to switch from GPT to MBR
Thanks in advance

Well for what it's worth, this is what I did this past Sunday to set up my RAID 0 Corsair Force GTs on my Rampage IV Extreme

1.) Plugged one DVD drive into the ASMedia SATAIII controller and put Win7 DVD in.
2.) Rebooted system - entered EFI Bios set SATA to RAID (when doing this, it sets ALL Intel ports to RAID so keeping a DVD drive plugged in will not work for loading the Intel RSTe driver)
3.) Rebooted system, loaded windows intstall.
4.) swapped Win7 dvd for Asus driver disc, loaded Intel RSTe RAID driver.
5.) Continued install like normal! :)

All done. Asus >>>>> *.motherboards

İ have managed to install win7 to my system at last. İ guess every piece of my hardware is working very well; with one exception i really dony know what is wrong with my rat9 mouse. İt doesnt start working at the beginning. The mouse itself clicks with all of its buttons but the cursor doesnt move :( İt starts to move gradually which drives me mad
And asus deluxe software (not the drivers) İ guess doent finish installation. İ have no asus software on my computer even İ have installed final version?

sorry for the necromancy, but this thread is one of the top results in a google search, so I thought I should add a rather simple solution: Install windows from a 64-bit ONLY disk. The problem seems to arise when the 32-bit installer for a 32/64 disc gets confused by the drivers. Sure, it's really just a workaround until intel and/or asus can get their act together, but it works well :)

Just went through this myself (standard P9) and unfortunately, most of the info in the beginning of the thread didn't help as it was mostly conjecture (as of 9-20-2012).

If you can make a Windows USB installer, do it. Makes things easy. If you can't, no worries, but you do need at least a small USB for raid drivers. Burning to a CD won't work as the disc won't be recognized.

Tips:

Use a 2.0 (black) USB port for both your drivers and install USB drives, not a 3.0 blue port.

You don't need to worry about a USB floppy (per manuals instructions), just copy the \SATA\IRST_VistaWin7\Driver\Disk\ (32 or 64 etc) files from the install DVD to the key. Load them when you get to drive selection screen.

If you get any missing cd/dvd drivers' error and you've loaded your usb key drivers F6-style, you've plugged into a blue 3.0 port.

If all else fails, switch to AHCI mode and install like normal so you can sort out your USB install.

Ok... To all,

Here is what I found to be a successful install of Windows 7 or 2008 Server using INTEL/RAID 0 (ASUS Rampage IV Extreme):

Start the Windows installation, when prompted for drivers (no drives show or displayed), place the ORIGINAL ASUS CD that came with your board.
Search for the SATA/RAID drivers (32 or 64) and install using these drivers off the CD.
The installation should proceed with no issues.
THEN install SP1 (if you haven't slipstreamed already).
Finally, go to INTEL site and download the current drivers 11.xx.xx.xxx, INSTALL THEM MANUALLY, do not use automatic. I beleive you will have two choices of drivers, USE THE ENTERPRISE DRIVER the O/S will complain, install them anyway. The end result will be positive and fast, very fast.
So, it seems, the issues are the Textmode drivers from ASUS. Or, during Texmode installation. I've not had much success with ASUS OR INTEL's Textmode drivers as they are hit and miss (depends entriely on your hardware and the level of overclocking).. Good luck to all and happy holidays!

Back