X25-M's firmware is....

Has anyone flashed it off of say a usb flash drive? I have no spare blank disks around... and im too out of it to think any other techy ways.

I did and had no problems. Used the HP utility to create the bootable flash drive from the floppy img file that was in the iso of the Intel firmware cd. Had to switch to IDE in the bios, but no other issues.

Last edited:
I did and had no problems. Used the HP utility to create the bootable flash drive from the floppy img file that was in the iso of the Intel firmware cd. Had to switch to IDE in the bios, but no other issues.

I believe you, but Intel firmware has been so unreliable, that I wouldn't push my luck by doing the firmware upgrade in a non-standard way.

I believe you, but Intel firmware has been so unreliable, that I wouldn't push my luck by doing the firmware upgrade in a non-standard way.

No worries. This was a brand new drive to me, so I figured I didn't have much to lose. I also didn't have any blank cdrs around, and my lack of patience got the best of me and it worked out in my favor.

Got her updated. Found a blank dvdrw, worked fine. Said it didnt update right but thats because I accidentally left it in AHCI mode. Still, it did update. Verified by not only intel toolbox but also crystal disk info. TRIM is now an option on there, trim is verified under win7, and firmware 02HD is installed as per intel tollbox. Oh and the toolbox optimizer passed. ;)

...TRIM is now an option on there, trim is verified under win7...

Please explain?
I have a G2 flashed to this 02HD with the toolbox running Win 7 Ultimate.
Also the Microsoft Win 7 AHCI driver, per requirements.
Where do I see TRIM mentioned?

Crystal Disk Info.Trim was greyed out, now it's not. And theres a command you can input under win7 to see if trim is functioning.

Back