• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X2 too hot?

Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
651
asusprob 2 reports my proc temp at 52C full load (2 instances of prime95)...speed is 2500mhz...vcore is reported as 1.44.

is this too hot? specs in sig
 
no that's not too hot. How long did it prime at that temp? What's the room temperature? I have an XP-90 heatsink on an Opteron 170 that hits 60c under prime95 on each core (stock voltage) at 2.4ghz
 
no that's not too hot. How long did it prime at that temp? What's the room temperature? I have an XP-90 heatsink on an Opteron 170 that hits 60c under prime95 on each core (stock voltage) at 2.4ghz

WOW, I guess some of those opterons do run real hot.


Here's mine...

It idles at 46c, and with dual prime 95's running it hit 56c once or twice but stayed around 53c.

And I know it's at least 6 hours dual prime 95 stable. But I give up after that to play Farcry. That's with the stock HSF too. I'm prolly gonna get the thermaltake big typhoon or that Zalman CNPS9500 for it soon. Still deciding though.


Hersmine.png
 
X2 4400+ gets 52C load here @ 2700MHz.. XP-120 heatsink... yet my opty 148 @3Ghz is only 44C load with same heatsink... X2's run damn hot I think.. :eek:
 
Shock_Hunter said:
X2 4400+ gets 52C load here @ 2700MHz.. XP-120 heatsink... yet my opty 148 @3Ghz is only 44C load with same heatsink... X2's run damn hot I think.. :eek:


What heatsinks are you running on those ?
 
I just flipped the fan around on the XP-90. It was flowing UP now it's flowing DOWN... temps are much better, so far only 52c while having a prime95 on each core (in place large ffts). I can't believe it made that much difference. I've sitched it around before and it didn't seem to matter much...


seanmcd said:
no that's not too hot. How long did it prime at that temp? What's the room temperature? I have an XP-90 heatsink on an Opteron 170 that hits 60c under prime95 on each core (stock voltage) at 2.4ghz
 
J32P2006 said:
WOW, I guess some of those opterons do run real hot.


Here's mine...

It idles at 46c, and with dual prime 95's running it hit 56c once or twice but stayed around 53c.

And I know it's at least 6 hours dual prime 95 stable. But I give up after that to play Farcry. That's with the stock HSF too. I'm prolly gonna get the thermaltake big typhoon or that Zalman CNPS9500 for it soon. Still deciding though.


Hersmine.png


What brand Ram and kind are you using? Any voltage numbers on that? This is as high as mine will go stable. HT = 4X BTW

CPU1.jpg


CPU2.jpg
 
There in my sig...

Also I'm running alittle less voltage and it's 8 hours dual prime stable now.

x2mine2.png
 
Looks like the highest I can get min is:

2530MHz @ 11x 230Mhz FSB
Ram Timings 3-3-3-8 @ 1T

Voltage on CPU is 1.52
Volatge on DRAM is 2.7

Temps ae 30C at idle and then when under load 44C.

If I go above the clocks here I get errors is Prime. I don't think this OCZ Ram is OC freindlly?
 
Pr3z said:
If I go above the clocks here I get errors is Prime. I don't think this OCZ Ram is OC freindlly?



I have the same ram I think, and I can get it to only 219fsb at CAS2.5.......it's good ram with tight timings, but when you go over spec, things fall apart quickly. Good thing with the A64's is since the mem controller is on die, having ram running slower "fsb" than the cpu matters almost NADA.....
 
Back
Top