X2 3800+ BH-E6 or BH-E4 ??

D3v01D

Gawd
Greetings all,

It seems Everest is reporting my processor as BH-E6, whereas CPU-Z reports it as BH-E4.

Here's a screenie:

Can anyone help me figure this out?

TIA

I think the only way you'd know for sure is to look at the OPN on the CPU. If you get one that ends in a CD, it's an E6 and a BV is an E4 (I think that's right...might be the other way around ;) ). Difference is if it's Toledo-based or true Manchester.

kirbyrj said:
I think the only way you'd know for sure is to look at the OPN on the CPU. If you get one that ends in a CD, it's an E6 and a BV is an E4 (I think that's right...might be the other way around ;) ). Difference is if it's Toledo-based or true Manchester.

you are correct. CD = Toledo and BV = Manchester I would put money that CPUZ is correct though...

Curiously, my X2 3800+ was detected by both Everest and CPU-Z as the JH-E6 revision, while CBID says it's a DH-E6 revision... ;)

interesting. they all agree that it's E6 though.. the first two letters don't really matter :p

Well, CPU-Z was WRONG with my 3800+. It detected it as an E4, but it was a CD toledo E6. That was with the 1.30 version though...I got my 165 opty before I got 1.31 to check to see if it was fixed ;).

So Everest says BH-E6
CPUZ says BH-E4
CBID says DH-E4

Would anyone else like to take a guess as to the identity of our mystery core before I pull the heatsink?

LOL...now I'm interested in finding out what it actually is :)...pull the HSF :).

Well the numbers are as follows:
ADA3800DAA5BV
CDBHE 0533SPEW

So I guess BV = E4 Manchester

But why am I getting three different readings from three different progies?

They are all probably programmed to read the CPU string a little different I guess :confused: .

(cf)Eclipse said:
interesting. they all agree that it's E6 though.. the first two letters don't really matter :p

Yep. Only CPU-Z misidentifies my CPU as a Manchester when it's really a Toledo.

As for the thread starter's (D3v01d's) CPU, it's clearly a Manchester.

I never really doubted it was a Manchester, I want to know why I get different answers from these programs.
I mean, people trust these things for factual information so I say WTF?
:D

D3v01D said:
I never really doubted it was a Manchester, I want to know why I get different answers from these programs.
I mean, people trust these things for factual information so I say WTF?
:D

At least they aren't misinforming you about clockspeed and important things like that :D.

Back