• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X1900XT Best Brand

Punisher77

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 23, 2004
Messages
260
I want to get an X1900XT but I can't decide on the brand. In the past I've gotten cards from Elsa, Chaintech and Saphire. I didn't like Chaintech and Saphire so I would like to stay away from them. Although I have heard that the recent Saphire cards are much better than the 9700 days.

Are there any clear favourites?
 
All X1900 boards are manufactured by ATi and all lack any sort of software incentives, so the only reason to go for one brand over the other is warranty. VisionTek is currently the only AIB that offers a lifetime warranty.

Ideally, you want to buy a card from a brand which offers a warranty comparable to what nVidia AIBs offer. If you're buying directly from ATi, you're getting a one year warranty. Pretty detestable, to be sure.
 
phide said:
All X1900 boards are manufactured by ATi and all lack any sort of software incentives, so the only reason to go for one brand over the other is warranty. VisionTek is currently the only AIB that offers a lifetime warranty.

Ideally, you want to buy a card from a brand which offers a warranty comparable to what nVidia AIBs offer. If you're buying directly from ATi, you're getting a one year warranty. Pretty detestable, to be sure.
My Chaintech was only a one year warranty and I started having problems with it after 1.25 years. Ugh.

I want at least a 2 year warranty this time around.
 
The powercolor cards also carry a lifetime warranty.

I should have mine on thursday. :cool:
 
Lith1um said:
The powercolor cards also carry a lifetime warranty.

I should have mine on thursday. :cool:

I just got mine yesterday, and it is sweet. not as loud as I thought it would be. it can get loud but still not too much of a problem. I have been gaming on and off and it never gets(so far) above 70c, and the fan didnt switch into high mode, I also ran rtbhlmnoperwhatever it is called, and after 30 min it still didnt kick into high gear...nice card all around.
 
Lith1um said:
The powercolor cards also carry a lifetime warranty.
Apparently VisionTech has a lifetime warranty as well. Does anyone know of a website or something that breaks down all of the warantys? If the choice is between 1 year or lifetime I'll get the lifetime.
 
Punisher77 said:
Yup, that's on my list of required reading... ;)
So it seems that the HIS is the best of the bunch there which isn't surprising considering they have a custom cooling solution. I would probably want to get an aftermarket cooler anyway. At over 50db, the stock version of this card is pretty loud.

Still no mention of warranty though...
 
Ya the warranty , Xtasy has a limited lifetime warranty. I have had to use it 4 times and its not a hassel at all. I sell a lot of ATI cards and only had to rma 1 ati card and 3 ti4600 cards in 4 years. They perform very well.
 
Does anyone know about Connect3D or Sapphire? I can't find any warranty information on their websites...
 
But if you take ten of the exact same cards (same brand) they will each overclock differently. Just like ten P4's with the same speed will oc differently. I don't think it's fair to take one of each card and generalize about the whole brand being faster or slower than the other brands. Except for the HIS card with the different HSF they should all be about the same if they are running the same Catalyst drivers.
 
Anyone know when the x1900 series AIW is scheduled to debut? I've read bits and pieces, but does anyone have any solid info about it?
 
Punisher77 said:
Does anyone know about Connect3D, Asus or regular ATI cards?
regular ati is 1 year. connect3d is 1 as well. i believe asus is 3 year, but could be wrong.
 
Back
Top