X-Fi Xtreme Music - $89 AR from Circuit City

ShimmyT

Gawd
supposedly you can also use 8LAR296A5H as a $15 dollars off $100 to knock it down to $75.Circuit City X-Fi

edit:

Props to slickdeals.net, that's where I found the deal.

Does anyone know if you can use the 5.25 drive bay from an old Audigy 2 ZA Platinum with the new X-Fi cards?

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I'll get it for Xmas, since it's a more palatable $75, instead of $113.

This pushed me over the edge, I'm sick of onboard. The coupon gets entered just before you put in CC info. There is a radio button to select.

Archer75 said:
I don't see anywhere to enter the coupon online. Any ideas?
On the same page you enter your credit card info.

I bought mine this morning. Had it in my hands after only 45 minutes.

Big Fat Duck said:
i hope this deal carries over for a month
Good deals on sound cards are rare, i'm guessing it'll last 48hrs max.

Good find OP

Total: $120.74 - $40 rebates = $80.74

Methinks I'm getting this. I like my onboard soundstorm, but I haven't been able to get the center channel/subwoofer to operate properly.

DevilDoc said:
Total: $120.74 - $40 rebates = $80.74

Methinks I'm getting this. I like my onboard soundstorm, but I haven't been able to get the center channel/subwoofer to operate properly.

Soundstorm is better.
Use the newest drivers (not in the nvidia driver bundle, get them separeate on site)

And to get your setup working use the OLDASS driver from 2004 or soemthing, extract it, and then run snstorm.exe or soemtihng for the setuping up sound.

PM me if you want info, dont get audishitty

/me listening to new x-fi as we speak

**edit**

i saw the rebate this morning checkign thier site, and pickedit up ont he way back to school, didnt see that coupon...

Anyway i can get that coupon again aside from drivign to circuit city;returning the xfi, going tot heir fere internet terminal, ordering it again but this time using the code and doing in store pickup...?

ots abpit 5 bucks in gas if i were to make the trip to circuit city again probalby... less i stop on the way home to pick up my cmoy..

kohan69 said:
Soundstorm is better.

Stop drinking the bong water!!!! I'm not saying Sounstorm is bad but saying that it's better than the X-Fi is crazy. Saying Sounstorm is better than Audigy 2 is pushing it.. Now it's better than the Audigy... I will give Soundstorm credit you don't have the problems the Audigy Series have with XP... But the X-Fi isn't an Audigy.

Realtek HD Audio: 7.1 Audio, EAX 2.0, 32 Voices
Sound Blaster Live!: 5.1 Audio, EAX 2.0, 32 Voices
Sound Blaster Audigy: 7.1 Audio. EAX 3.0, 32 & 64 Voices, CMSS-3D
Sound Blaster X-Fi: 7.1 Audio, EAX 3.0, 32, 64 &128 Voices, X-Fi CMSS-3D, X-Fi 24-bit Crystalize

The SoundStorm can't give you a 128 voices? It gets to 64 Voice 3D... and if the "SoundStorm" kicked Audigy ass's why did it go bye bye? Again I did use SoundStorm but it didn't compare to my A2 or my X-Fi.

kohan69 said:
Soundstorm is better.
Use the newest drivers (not in the nvidia driver bundle, get them separeate on site)

And to get your setup working use the OLDASS driver from 2004 or soemthing, extract it, and then run snstorm.exe or soemtihng for the setuping up sound.

PM me if you want info, dont get audishitty

Ok, on that note, I've started a thread in Computer Audio regarding my soundstorm issues. LMK what you think. I'm still inclined to get me a X-Fi since it's reasonably cheap, would probably sound pretty damn good with my 5650's, and happy x-fi-mas to me.

Sinster said:
Sound Blaster X-Fi: 7.1 Audio, EAX 3.0, 32, 64 &128 Voices, X-Fi CMSS-3D, X-Fi 24-bit Crystalize

The SoundStorm can't give you a 128 voices? It gets to 64 Voice 3D... and if the "SoundStorm" kicked Audigy ass's why did it go bye bye? Again I did use SoundStorm but it didn't compare to my A2 or my X-Fi.

What game uses 128 voices?
I like soundstorm for the clear sound, great driver support and game support.

It went bye-bye cuz it was too expensive to make.
I had it's own southbridge for sound.
What onbaord sound has it's own bridge?

My point is that it is not worth an $80 upgrade, if musxXFI has ram, than yes, it would help game performance, otherwise, dont bother brother

kohan69 said:
What game uses 128 voices?
I like soundstorm for the clear sound, great driver support and game support.

It went bye-bye cuz it was too expensive to make.
I had it's own southbridge for sound.
What onbaord sound has it's own bridge?

My point is that it is not worth an $80 upgrade, if musxXFI has ram, than yes, it would help game performance, otherwise, dont bother brother

it still helps in games...even without ram

$80 is a steal..

SignalSoldier said:
no x64 support..........kills this deal for me :mad:

Thanks OP

Creative released Windows XP x64 drivers v.2.07 on November 15, 2005. [ Link ]

I am running WinXP x64 & got this card today (this deal) and installed drivers with no problem.
They also include the OpenAL drivers so you don't have to download that separate. Quake 4 OpenAL sounds great! :)

Edit: The $15 code & $40MIR expires December 5, 2005.

With the online coupons and rebate and a gift card I have I got this x-fi for $55. Not too shabby. Installing it now.

if your talking about the xram helping it doesnt do shit in games YET...if they even ever program for it then maybe. We'll see.
X-fi is a great card though, but whoever was saying the extreme music x-fi sucks cause it doesnt have ram is bogus...the xram on the higher cards doesnt do shit in games. has to be programmed for it. Regardless the x-fi is the best card creative has made in awhile IMO.
If I had the extra funds at this moment i'd hop on this deal but spent too much money in the past week and a half

Archer75 said:
With the online coupons and rebate and a gift card I have I got this x-fi for $55. Not too shabby. Installing it now.

er... how u manage thaT?

Picked mine up and have it running. I like it. UT2004, doom3, quake4, serious sam2 (sucked on onboard) sound better with EAX than onboard whatever.

Sinster said:
Stop drinking the bong water!!!! I'm not saying Sounstorm is bad but saying that it's better than the X-Fi is crazy. Saying Sounstorm is better than Audigy 2 is pushing it.. Now it's better than the Audigy... I will give Soundstorm credit you don't have the problems the Audigy Series have with XP... But the X-Fi isn't an Audigy.

Is your definition of "better" the card that can do more dsp accelerated 3D voices?

That seems like a pretty limited criteria to pick a sound card with.

needmorecarnitine said:
Is your definition of "better" the card that can do more dsp accelerated 3D voices?

That seems like a pretty limited criteria to pick a sound card with.
Seriously no but comparing SoundStorm to X-FI?

SoundStorm may be ok in digital but in analgue there is no comparison..

ONLY element that SoundStorm is really advantageous over X-FI is the price...which is free..

Justinkoko said:
Seriously no but comparing SoundStorm to X-FI?

SoundStorm may be ok in digital but in analgue there is no comparison..

ONLY element that SoundStorm is really advantageous over X-FI is the price...which is free..

Soundstorm is digital only so you can't compare to analog.

needmorecarnitine said:
Soundstorm is digital only so you can't compare to analog.

well for some of us digital means nothing since our speaker/headphone only accept analogue.

then you couldn't use Soundstorm. You would be using the DACs that come on your motherboard apart from the nvidia southbridge

STOP THE DEBATE!

From Soundstrom to XFI music, even for $80, not a very great update.

$80 fro XFI MUSIC - fantastic deal

END OF DISCUSSION

Back