• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-FI with BF2 Problem !

Super KW

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 12, 2006
Messages
137
Hi
I cant set ultra high with the game ! ihave XtremeMusic and its in game mode but the game wont let me to the ultrahigh setup i get crash to the desktop !! :confused:
i download the latest driver but same thing ! :mad:
 
I think you need more xram than the xm version has... I think the ultra setting is for the higher models with 64mb xram... like the fatal1ty.
 
magnetik said:
I think you need more xram than the xm version has... I think the ultra setting is for the higher models with 64mb xram... like the fatal1ty.

No... I have the Xtreme Music version and I play BF2 on ultrahigh...
 
J-Mag said:
No... I have the Xtreme Music version and I play BF2 on ultrahigh...

hmm.. I set mine on Ultra and have had issues...
 
magnetik said:
hmm.. I set mine on Ultra and have had issues...

what issues? With the original drivers I was hearing some popping noises when a UAV scan would go, but they seem to have gone away with the newer rev drivers...
 
J-Mag said:
what issues? With the original drivers I was hearing some popping noises when a UAV scan would go, but they seem to have gone away with the newer rev drivers...

It would studder... then hard lock on me. which revision drivers are you on? I might have to go back and try it on ultra again if there are newer drivers.
 
i have the latest driver and ultrahigh wont work !
how you guys able to do this ?
 
Which PCI slot do you have your X-FI installed into? I had a wierd lockup issue with my X-FI card if I had it in the bottom PCI slot. I moved it one up and have been playing in Ultra HI mode in BF2 without issue.

-E
 
magnetik said:
It would studder... then hard lock on me. which revision drivers are you on? I might have to go back and try it on ultra again if there are newer drivers.

I can't recall... Although, I am pretty sure it was the second set of drivers (not the ones that came on the CD with the initial X-Fi release)
 
Super KW said:
i have the latest driver and ultrahigh wont work !
how you guys able to do this ?

Just checking, but you are selecting the "X-Fi" under the audio renderer, right?
 
J-Mag said:
Just checking, but you are selecting the "X-Fi" under the audio renderer, right?

yes first i select x-fi then ultrahigh when apply the setting = crash desktop
 
Super KW said:
yes first i select x-fi then ultrahigh when apply the setting = crash desktop

Can you select X-FI and then High... Does that not CTD?

Things I would try at this point:

1. Disable onboard sound in BIOS.
2. Delete all audio devices from device manager, then reboot and select the newest X-Fi drivers when re-installing.
3. Remove BF2 and re-install
 
magnetik said:
It would studder... then hard lock on me. which revision drivers are you on? I might have to go back and try it on ultra again if there are newer drivers.


I experienced the same thing.
The thing I did to resove was to up my voltage to the CPU.
Hahahahaha.

Ok seriously I was overclocking my CPU and the temps were fine but when I do not give it enough juice, & I have the X-Fi (Platinum) in there running BF2 on Ultra +EAX, it would hard lock the video screen and the sound would stutter and loop.
I noticed that you OC'd your 3800. How much juice are you giving the processor?

I have my FX-55 running at 3.0ghz @ 1.5v.
That works fine for me.
 
ok guys it works now ultrahigh :D
i used drivercleaner pro and removes all my old audigy 2 drivers then install the x-fi driver again :)

thank you all for the replys
 
Back
Top