• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

X-FI to DAC issue

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
14,959
I enabled the digital I/O and have connected the appropriate cable and the DAC is registering that there is a signal but I am getting no sound? The dac works via optical out of my dvd player but not the x-fi. I have enabled everything I could think of on the x-fi but it's still silent!! help!
 
lol wtf EVER I just set the x-fi to default then enabled the digital I/o and it works.....damn
:rolleyes:
 
You probably had "SPDIF bypass" enabled by mistake. Resetting the defaults changed it back to DD/DTS-in decode.
 
FWIW, I find myself having to click off the digital out setting off and on lately to get my dac to light up.. it might be the latest drivers... cause it just started happening.
 
Back
Top