I recently did some failed overclocking and had to reset my CMOS. Afterwards, I calmed my PC down a little and everything was fine except I had no sound (I think I might have touched the top of the soundcard during this process). Device manager showed a yellow arrow indicating the device was not working properly.
I took out the card and reinstalled (had to reinstall into same PCI slot due to space restraints). The drivers for the device will not install because the software says "cannot find supported device" or whatever.
Anyone have any ideas, or did I fry the PCB of the X-Fi?
I had to install the Realtek HD drivers for onboard sound. Not too bad, but it aint X-Fi.
It is an extreme music model.
Any ideas?
I took out the card and reinstalled (had to reinstall into same PCI slot due to space restraints). The drivers for the device will not install because the software says "cannot find supported device" or whatever.
Anyone have any ideas, or did I fry the PCB of the X-Fi?
I had to install the Realtek HD drivers for onboard sound. Not too bad, but it aint X-Fi.
It is an extreme music model.
Any ideas?