• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

X-FI [edit: NEW X64 DRIVERS RELEASED!!]

not me.. which is the main reason I went back to XP SP2. :(
 
++ No word of any yet either. Rumour has it 4th quarter 05 or beyond.. absolutely ridiculous.
 
On the creative support web site says "Q4 05" so perhaps sometime before newyears.
 
sweet lord yes new drivers. it better freaking fix the static sound issue with scsi/raid setups and all the slowdown issues with games........ *crosses fingers* can't wait til i get home and try it out
 
Hmmm... must... put away... check book....

I'm definitely interested. However, with my PC in good shape and my 360 arriving next week, I may just hold out until Christmas and use some of those inevitable gift cards.
 
Soon as I saw this, I dumped XP 32 and installed 64. So much better :)
 
So, how are they? Does Doom 3 work? Does BF2 have proper reverb and positional audio? Are they stable?

If these are good, I'll probably snag an X-Fi Friday after work. I've been waiting for some path off of Creative's crappy A2ZS drivers.
 
Yes, FINALLY!! XP X64 Pro has been the best OS Microcrap has put out that I have used. For me (been using x64 for several months) it's been very stable, with most apps equal if not faster than x32. All I needed was for this driver to come out in order to install the last piece of hardware in my new PC, an X-FI Fatality1, Shweet!
 
If anyone hasn't taken the plunge, they work just fine. BF2 and Doom 3 now work properly.

As for the Crystallizer - it's interesting. I can see how people would be divided on it. I kinda like it though, so I'll keep it for now.

One last quirk - automatic headphone detection. Is this only for the drive bay units? I've got my headphones plugged into the volume control of my Creative speakers, and it doesn't seem to do anything when I plug my headphones in. Any thoughts?
 
does 64 pro work well with games now? I thought it was still a bit meh?
 
I loved/love Crystallizer on my Klipsch Promedia 5.1's, on my lower quality music it makes a nice differnce. Not so much on the higher quality stuff. But I absolutely detest the effect on my headphones (DT880's). On low quality sources or high quality ones. So speaker/headphone hardware makes a big differnce here.

Regards,
Mike
 
spaceman said:
does 64 pro work well with games now? I thought it was still a bit meh?

In my experience, exactly the same. Framerates are the same, ease of installation is the same. Then again, I have very common hardware (K8T chipset w/ SATA, 6800 GT, A2ZS [now X-FI], etc.) so drivers haven't been an issue (aside from the crap A2ZS drivers, which they've definitely improved on with the new X-Fi set).
 
Back
Top