X-FI 2

VE2007

Gawd
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
703
Hi all,
I was just going to upgrade to the X-FI from my old Audigy 2 but know
I heard that on another forum, there will be a New Sound Card, the
X-FI 2 that will support vista better and it will have extra stuff on it. :)
 
Hi all,
I was just going to upgrade to the X-FI from my old Audigy 2 but know
I heard that on another forum, there will be a New Sound Card, the
X-FI 2 that will support vista better and it will have extra stuff on it. :)

X-Fi 2 is just a rumor that sprung from some new drivers that showed up. I posted on that other forum as well. Another view missed is that maybe the first X-Fi 2 is just a PCI-E version of the PCI X-Fi.

You can try the Newer Media Source 5 that's down-loadable at their site. After trying it, I like the older model better when I'm not just using Drivers and Audio Console.
 
http://translate.google.com/transla...7/0111/ces12.htm&langpair=ja|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

At the latest CES meeting place, animated picture playback set top box /DMA of HD correspondence (Digital Media Adaptor) and, the radio corresponding audio system large number is announced from the major manufacturer. These products so far a little niche were existence, but it is the sign 2007 may to keep spreading in earnest.

 Peripheral device major Creative Technology and Logitech (Japanese corporate body [rojikuru]), such radio corresponding audio product is displayed.

- More and more appearance and PCI Express edition X-Fi

 There being the booth of Creative which does lively show and demonstration, although just the exhibition is done quietly, those where it attracts the attention of the PC authorized personnel, are the Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card of PCI Express edition and ExpressCard edition.

 The sound tip/chip of multiplexer channel correspondence standard it is loaded these days when, as for the sound extended card the voice that is strong in the motherboard it is unnecessary, but the product of Creative [gema] is proud of deep-rooted popularity on the center.

 Now when and, movement advances to PCI Express from PCI, the X-Fi sound card of PCI Express edition probably is the feeling such as the long-awaited product just for those users. Regrettable, hearing in the nearby staff, concrete shipment time of these products and, as for product line-up and price you did not understand, but if you look at the card, with it seems that is already completed, that, it is thought product shipment is not particularly far.

PCI Express edition Sound Blaster X-Fi Equipping 7.1ch output and S/PDIF input/output in back panel ExpressCard/54 edition. From the card it connects module with the cable, connecting the audio cable here ..............
 
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20070111140528.html

Creative Technology, a maker of digital media players and various multimedia devices, showcased its first audio card for modern PCI Express bus at the Consumer Electronics Show 2007. Specs of the product are unclear, but it is remarkable that Creative is finally paying attention to the bus that has been afloat for nearly three years now.
 
That one has Digital In and Out, plus looks like one more Proprietary.

The card in the PC Watch picture has standard toslink connectors, just the ones with integrated dustcap.
 
The black 3.5 mm jack is not a digital out, it is marked as line-out 4. They will use 4x stereo jacks instead of 1x stereo + 2x multipole, green is for the front channels, black for the rear, gray for the side and orange for center/sub.
 
The black 3.5 mm jack is not a digital out, it is marked as line-out 4. They will use 4x stereo jacks instead of 1x stereo + 2x multipole, green is for the front channels, black for the rear, gray for the side and orange for center/sub.

Erum didn't I just say it was the Digital out? 3.5mm is the same as 1/8" BTW.
 
didn't I just say it was the Digital out?

And I just corrected you, it is clearly marked as a line-out.

You do know that concentric semi-circles with an arrow coming out from its center means it is a line-out, right?

3.5mm is the same as 1/8" BTW
I know one inch equals to 25.4mm, I just prefer to use SI based units and decimal numbers instead of fractionals.
 
And I just corrected you, it is clearly marked as a line-out.

You do know that concentric semi-circles with an arrow coming out from its center means it is a line-out, right?


I know one inch equals to 25.4mm, I just prefer to use SI based units and decimal numbers instead of fractionals.

Good grief! Evidently YOU DON'T though. The COAX on Creative cards like this is used for in and out BTW!

VE2007 Not sure if the card got digital input?


That one has Digital In and Out, plus looks like one more Proprietary.

Then here you come talking about dust caps after I already pointed out that those are Digital In and Out LOL!

The card in the PC Watch picture has standard toslink connectors, just the ones with integrated dustcap.

Either of us could have simply said Optical in and out, since thats what they are, Toslink and Digital meant the same thing last time I checked.

The 3rd one only a 1/8" mono jack used for Coax, corrected once I saw a better pic, I corrected that my damned self. While you were still talking about Dust caps LOL!
 
Yes I want one to RIGHT KNOW:)

Please note that this is the Xtreme Audio Version. This isn't true Hardware Accelerated X-Fi like the other models that are sure to follow. If that's the only one to ship at first, I'd dang sure wait. That is unless they actually started using a real X-Fi Chip on the card.
 
Good grief! Evidently YOU DON'T though. The COAX on Creative cards like this is used for in and out BTW!

Then here you come talking about dust caps after I already pointed out that those are Digital In and Out LOL!

Either of us could have simply said Optical in and out, since thats what they are, Toslink and Digital meant the same thing last time I checked.

The 3rd one only a 1/8" mono jack used for Coax, corrected once I saw a better pic, I corrected that my damned self. While you were still talking about Dust caps LOL!

Sigh, there is no worse kind of blindness than when one does not want to see.

I misunderstood your first post and thought that you were saying that the toslink connectors were propietary, but that doesn't change the fact that the black 3.5mm (or 1/8" if it makes you happier) jack is not marked as a digital-out.

Even when they pull their flexijack and multipole digital I/O tricks, they mark the bracket accordingly. Look in the back of your beloved X-Fi and the flexijack has the symbol for line-in & mic above it, the label 'OR' to the left and the label 'DIGITAL_IO' below.

In the pictures of the PCIe card, the blue jack is marked as line-in&mic, the green one as line-out 1, the gray one as line-out 2, the orange one as line-out 3, the black one JUST as line-out 4, the topmost toslink connector (with gray cap) is marked as 'OPTICAL OUT' above it, and the other (black cap) as 'OPTICAL IN' below it. [Edit] Here, so anyone can judge for themselves if there is reason to believe there is a coax spdif shared in any jack
xfpciefk2.jpg


That is the only available evidence, unless you have new pictures or the final specifications.

I don't know where you check things but Toslink just specifies the form factor of a digital connector, so it doesn't mean the same as digital which is a broader term, you cannot even say it is the same as optical spdif since there is also an optical miniplug.

Anyway, I'm not arguing anymore over the stupid connectors in a card I certainly won't buy.
 
Sigh, there is no worse kind of blindness than when one does not want to see.

I misunderstood your first post and thought that you were saying that the toslink connectors were propietary, but that doesn't change the fact that the black 3.5mm (or 1/8" if it makes you happier) jack is not marked as a digital-out.

Even when they pull their flexijack and multipole digital I/O tricks, they mark the bracket accordingly. Look in the back of your beloved X-Fi and the flexijack has the symbol for line-in & mic above it, the label 'OR' to the left and the label 'DIGITAL_IO' below.

In the pictures of the PCIe card, the blue jack is marked as line-in&mic, the green one as line-out 1, the gray one as line-out 2, the orange one as line-out 3, the black one JUST as line-out 4, the topmost toslink connector (with gray cap) is marked as 'OPTICAL OUT' above it, and the other (black cap) as 'OPTICAL IN' below it.

That is the only available evidence, unless you have new pictures or the final specifications.

I don't know where you check things but Toslink just specifies the form factor of a digital connector, so it doesn't mean the same as digital which is a broader term, you cannot even say it is the same as optical spdif since there is also an optical miniplug.

Anyway, I'm not arguing anymore over the stupid connectors in a card I certainly won't buy.

I'd rather be blind than drunk as you appear to be, geesh!

I wasn't arguing with you anyway. Sigh again if you like. If you're drinking please stop while you're at it? I mistook the 1/8" COAX for something it wasn't and corrected it before your Lame assed assistance. Note the pic I saw and linked to. You first posted about TWO Toslinks and their Dust Caps. Optical, Digital or whatever they are, are for In and Out=P These are just like the Optical In and Out on the front of the I/O drives that Creative uses. Oh and those are Two RCA for COAX Digital In and Out. That my seemingly Drunk Friend is what the Poster asked about.

VE2007
Not sure if the card got digital input?

Donnie27
That one has Digital In and Out, plus looks like one more Proprietary.

I was nice about it, yet you are the one who persisted. Even I after I linked to what and where I was talking about, you posted as if I'd not posted corrected info, again, please stop!? Don't dig a deeper whole! Please put whatever the hell you're drinking down;)
 
*offtopic* @ Donny
i'd rather be drunk, only takes one night and a hangover to fix it.

*ontopic*
i hope they include DDL and DTS this time and glad to see they ditched the flexyjack....had to buy a USB mic for that -_-
 
*offtopic* @ Donny
i'd rather be drunk, only takes one night and a hangover to fix it.

*ontopic*
i hope they include DDL and DTS this time and glad to see they ditched the flexyjack....had to buy a USB mic for that -_-

I'd rather know the difference between Donnie and Donny, only takes a few secs to correct LOL!
 
Back
Top