WTTF Home wiring : Cat5e Switch, jacks; Home Theater cables/gear; Classic gaming etc

Meleniumshane90

[H]ard|Gawd
Want to Trade for Thread for my FS thread

I'd primarily like to trade, but am willing to negotiate and toss in some money, provided the price is right.

So here's what I'm looking for:

PC Parts
Super-cheap SSDs - 40 - 120GB
Halfway decent (80+ cert.) 400+ W PSUs

Home wiring fun / surround sound project
I'm wiring my house up for ethernet and potentially running speaker cable through the ceiling to the back wall. When I get some money, I'll be getting a 1080P projector, but ethernet is my priority for now.

Ethernet
  • Very inexpensive Gigabit ethernet switch (I'll be mounting this in the garage)
  • Cat5e Ethernet snap-in jacks - as many as possible if you have them cheap -- I have plenty of these now
  • Cat5e patch panel - to connect the ethernet to the switch -- I have this already
Home Theater

Classic Gaming

This is pretty open-ended, I'm not going to fork up any cash for this unless you gave me no choice (like Conker's Bad Fur Day for $20 kind of choice)

I have a pretty nice collection already and don't play the games as it is, but I wouldn't mind looking for the following:

• Pretty much any Tengen black cartridge NES game
  • Smash TV (NES, SNES, Genesis, N64)
  • Any Gauntlet series game NES through Dreamcast - Super fan of the franchise
  • Any MegaMan game (I have none, and sorry to say, but I've never played one)
  • Any must-have games for the NES, SNES, Genesis, 32X, N64, & Dreamcast that I don't have listed here
  • S-Video / Composite video cables for Genesis model 1 & 2
  • SCART cables for NES, SNES, N64, Genesis 1 & 2
  • Super cheap SCART to Component video / HDMI
  • HDMI / Component / S-video / Composite switch

Last edited:
I'll see what/how many snap ins I have. I bought some for a home project but ended up moving.... Am renting a house ATM so I don't need them

Lol, sorry man! I got caught up the rat race! Here are some ipad photos of what I have... I think there are a handful of snap ins though.

Cat5e

Rj45 coax

I still have to check on how much I bought them for... I totally forgot. :D

Edit: found the invoice! Let me know what type of deal you are looking for!

Last edited:
I have a 48 port Cat5e patch panel you can have for shipping cost.

Cat 5e on both sides., rack mountable, 2U size.
Its made by ADC, part "ADCPP48505: 48 PORT ECP PANEL CAT 5"
Looks like THIS but isn't punch down on the back side

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have another Cat5 patch panel, 24 port, 1U size, think its from Monoprice, shipping if you want it

I'm good on patch panels now, just need to get another switch - the one I got on here isn't working with cables over 40m

Back