WTS Intel i7 965 Extreme Edition 3.2ghz cpu Unused

Fiyaballz

Weaksauce
CPU IS SOLD!!

Was going to use this baby as a anchor in a new gaming rig, but unforseen expenses have come about, and im going to have to limit the budget for the new rig, thus I must part with this gem.

cpu1.jpg

cpu2.jpg

cpu3.jpg

The cpu is brand new never used with origional box and booklet, the unused stock heatsink. Box was opened to verify CPU stepping only.

having a real issue finding accurate pricing for it aside from ebay, but looking to get $700 shipped anywhere in the continental US, paypal preferred with confirmed address, or local pickup in Massachusetts.

Heatware under Shady 58-0, I know its been a while since my last eval, but I dont do alot of selling online much anymore :)

Dont be afraid to pm me offers! sorry, no trades, unless you have a gaming rig that entices me :)

Last edited:
free bump , I know how hard it is to sell an "extreme" processor i still haven't sold my QX9650 and I've been trying to forever. GLWS

ttt, yet another price drop, $725 shipped anywhere in the us, this is bran new people!

see the pics in the first post, the cpu says its a B0, but someone in this post said it was a C0 lol :rolleyes:

as far as OCing goes, ive read that these can approach 4ghz on stock air cooling in some cases.

id love to keep it, but I need to drastically reduce the budget for my new gaming rig, so whatever I can get for this is my exact budget for a new pc.

I wont post the link (against the rules afaik) but its also listed on ebay, however I definately thought the [H] is where id have the best shot at selling it.

I have much better luck on Ebay for high-end CPUs. I couldn't get a bite on a QX9650 on [H} @ $325 shipped and sold it on Ebay for $355 + $10 shippng. Similar story regarding an E8500 and E8600. This is a great forum for buyers or for people who don't mind selling below market. My experience is that most buyers on [H] want a super deal.

heh I honestly thought $750ish was far below market for this cpu, but apparently im mistaken :-/ still taking offers people :)

nah, we just oc our 920s to 4.0 that we got either used or from MC. GL with your sale

sigh, after getting some outside opinions, price dropped to 700 shipped, anywhere in the us, any takers?

Since you are planning on using the proceeds to build another rig have you given any thought to opening this up for trades? If you find someone who is looking to make the jump from socket 775 to socket 1366 you might be able to get exactly what you need. I would think you could get an E8xxx, higher end motherboard, 4GBs RAM, and an ATI 48xx or Nvidia GTX 2xx or better video card for this CPU. That trade plus a few hundred dollars so you can get a case, PSU, and whatever else you may need may go farther then what you get for the CPU.

appreciate the trades idea, ive considered it, but kinda have my sights set on some things from newegg. ive already got a case, but ive also kinda been away a bit from pc modding and such, so im not so up to date on whats good and whats not worth my money.

i think your problem is that people who want to pay extra for the guarantee instead of paying less and overclocking are few and far between but they do exist. be patient :)

i think your problem is that people who want to pay extra for the guarantee instead of paying less and overclocking are few and far between but they do exist. be patient :)

especially around these boards.

and considering you can get 4 d0s from MC for around that price....

plenty of [H]'ers who prefer a cpu like this. wind the clock back 18-24 months on the economy and this cpu is gone. i agree with being patient. should go for this price.

I agree with with the person who said you're probably better off selling this on ebay. People on this forum tend to be very tech and price savy (which in turn makes most of us cheap fuckers!) :p I believe a couple of these chips were sold on here within the last few months but I believe they were both listed for $450. (And even at that price they didn't move right away). There was another guy who had a NIB 965 listed at $650 and I don't believe he ever sold it. Either way, good luck.

thanks for the heads up, it was tough tryin to even find other 965s for sale anywhere, its like they have all vanished or are on ebay lol (which is where mine also is :p)

Back