WTH are all the 4K monitors at?

Brahmzy

Supreme [H]ardness
My wife's trooper Sammy 305T just $hit the bed. This means my HP Z30i goes to her and I get a brand new shiny, big (32-40") PROPER 4K unit. Wonderful - can't wait.

SO WHERE ARE THEY????

I looked on Newegg, Amazon, DELL and everywhere else and there's crap for selection. I thought the market would be saturated with options by now. A few here and there, but good grief. What is the problem? I was researching 4K monitors what seems to be almost a year and a half ago, and here we are a year and a half later and very limited options.

Seiki will some day, may be next week, sell a 4k 40" VA monitor in North America.

But if you thing that you are making a smarter buy going with Seiki on amazon US over Philips on UK, in are in for a sore surprise.
Philips is a respected and well established brand that has produced what is the best monitor to this date on the price range, 4k or not.

Back to topic. 4K panels are sold on China. I mean it. ~40% of all 4k panels produced last year were sold in the chinese market and that was a decline over the 60% on 2013.

Last edited:
Theyre probably the same place the demand for 4K is.

I kid. But seriously, I dont see a lot of people clammering for 4K at least not in PC monitors. I think theyre gonna be the next big thing for big screen TV's but Im not sure theyll ever take off on small 27-30" screens especially considering the demand theyll put on GPU's if youre using them for gaming. But then I thought texting was just a fad that wouldnt last more than a few months so.......

Funny thing is, 4K is wasted on someone sitting 9-10 feet back from the TV but looking at a monitor from two feet away is where it makes a difference.

There's plenty of 32 inch options from BenQ, Acer, Samsung, LG, etc. but going any larger than that is where we see nothing but either the 40 inch Philips or Seiki...sucks that we have to look at TV's to get any size larger than 40 inch and even then we have to hope for 4:4:4 chroma and low input lag. I'm feeling your pain on this too, still waiting for a 40+ inch 4k display with low input lag.:(

Back