WTF, I say...

banGerprawN

[H]ard|Gawd
So, after buying my HDA Digital X-Mystique (what a waste of words...), it was recommended that I pick myself up a receiver and some speakers to fully exploit this card's capability's. Well, I have done such a thing, and now find myself in this position.
The receiver I bought was a lovely cheap Kenwood KRF-V7090D-S (7.1 channel, 120W RMS per channel), and it's pretty sexah (at least, it LOOKS it).
I also got myself some secondhand Energy speakers, namely a pair of Energy Connoisseur C-5s, a pair of C-R3s, a C-C1, and I haven't decided on a sub yet.
Now, on the back of the Kenwood receiver, there are some outputs here that distribute the power/signal, you know? here they are, circled in red:

z1080_rear_lrg.jpg

Apologies for the pic, it's not actually of the Kenwood seeing as I'm short a camera at the moment, it's of a Zensonic Z1080, but the outputs are exactly the same, so I figured this would be the best I could do.
Now, my questions are this:
1. What are they? What the hell are these plugs, eh? The only thing that looks similar to them is the power output plugs on a laboratory AC/DC converter that I have.
2. How the McHell do I change these peculiar plugs from their current state into standard speaker wire? You know, just some standard 12- or 14-gauge OFC cabling? It's what my speakers have, and it's therefore what I want to use.
Any help, or anyone with bright ideas would be very much appreciated. I'm at a total loss here, having never purchased myself a receiver before *braces for calls of "n00b!"*

Woohoo! Thanks alot!
If I knew you're paypal account number, you'd find yourself 50 bucks richer right about now.
........Well, maybe not :p
But thanks anyway!

so_cal_forever said:
You can also do single plug styles, where the black and red are seperate:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&Webpage_ID=3&DID=7&CAT_ID=39&ObjectGroup_ID=108&SO=2

But most would tell you to use bare wire with some solder to keep the strands together. Personally, I like the convienience of pins and plugs.

I like them too.. (I use them on all my ht recievers)

OP: you can use the connectors w/out bananna plugs tho. Unscrew the connections as far as they can go.. you will see a notch... twist up the speaker cable and shove them in there and screw it back down. Make sure you don't have too much extra wire sticking out tho.

Back