• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WTB: Windows 7 64-bit

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
2FA
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
19,734
Coworker has a Win7 32-bit box that he'd like to upgrade (including RAM) so he is needing a copy of Windows 7 x64. I'd like to have the media along with the key. Let me know what you have. Thanks!
 
Key is the same for both 32 and 64bit, you just need the 64bit media.
 
Key is the same for both 32 and 64bit, you just need the 64bit media.

Yeppers, that is correct. You can download the official ISO image from Digital River.

Here is a link to the official downloads:

http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

Just find which version he has and download the image. If you don't have any burning software you can download CDBurnerXP and burn the bootable image.

CDBurnerXP: https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Then he will be all set. ;)
 
Thanks, guys. I'll definitely give this a shot before making a purchase. I'm trying to talk him into upgrading his main drive to an SSD, and if we don't have to buy Windows then that's much more likely to happen. :)
 
No sweat man, glad we could help a fellow [H]r save some bucks that could be spent on other items. :D
 
I thought once you activate your key in 32-bit, you can't reactivate it as a 64-bit? If you can, does anyone know a way to upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit without doing a fresh install? From what I can tell, a fresh install is the only option but I am loathe to install everything all over again.
 
But if he's replacing the OS drive with an SSD, it needs to (OK, should) happen anyway.

I think he was responding to this:

savoirfaire said:
...does anyone know a way to upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit without doing a fresh install? From what I can tell, a fresh install is the only option...

Hopefully I'll get some time to try these suggestions over the weekend. I'll report back with success or failure! :)
 
Just wanted to post back and say that I followed the advice here and it worked like a charm. Thanks for that link, stinger! I knew that 32 and 64 would work with the same key under most circumstances, but what I forgot to mention was that this was an OEM key of Windows 7 Home Premium. When I started reading about this, many people said that simply reinstalling from a different disc using the same key would not work for OEM and that you had to insert the SLIC and/or OEM certs or do some magical voodoo with the ei.cfg file. But I just downloaded the ISO from Digital River and installed as usual using the key from the sticker. TYVM!
 
Back
Top