WTB - Voodoo5 5500

updawg

Gawd
I am looking for a Voodoo5 5500 - preferably the pci version, I have Paypal and can pay immediately. Let me know your price and we can work something out. Thanks!

Last edited:
i remember playing Nascar Racing with one of these.

Good luck finding one.

I belive gdonovan has cards like that, although I'm not sure they're for sale (he's a collector IIRC). You might send him a PM, though...

I belive gdonovan has cards like that, although I'm not sure they're for sale (he's a collector IIRC). You might send him a PM, though...

Afraid I don't have one for sale, just have prototypes at this point.

I'm insanely curious as to why anyone would actually want this.

OP, is it just to have it as a collectible?

Some older titles are glide only or the current OpenGL driver set has poor function with older titles (looking at you ATI) and a V5500 PCI can be run in any computer with a PCI slot and there is drivers all the way up to and including XP. Might even be drivers for Win7 for all I know.

bump for Voodoo :)

already sold my 3 V5 5500, just kept the V2 12Mb SLI :)

Could be. These things have sentimental value, to some. I still think about unending Q2 online deathmatch sessions.

I don't want to gloat but I have 6 Voodoos, mind you no prototypes and no 'unicorns', i.e. Voodoo 6000.

1 Voodoo 1
1 Voodoo 2
2 Voodoo 3000
1 Voodoo 5500 PCI
1 Voodoo 5500 AGP (which needs 1 new fans).

Hmmm... dunno if I should sell my 5500 PCI or not... I kinda love that thing. :D

Might send you a PM later.

Could be. These things have sentimental value, to some. I still think about unending Q2 online deathmatch sessions.

I don't want to gloat but I have 6 Voodoos, mind you no prototypes and no 'unicorns', i.e. Voodoo 6000.

1 Voodoo 1
1 Voodoo 2
2 Voodoo 3000
1 Voodoo 5500 PCI
1 Voodoo 5500 AGP (which needs 1 new fans).

Hmmm... dunno if I should sell my 5500 PCI or not... I kinda love that thing. :D

Might send you a PM later.

Yeah let me know!

How did this story end up? I hope it had a happy ending. I too know what its like to go searching for the PCI 5500. After years of reminding my friend to give me his (since it was collecting dust) I finally got it a day or two before you made this post.

DSC03308.jpg

This card deserved a better class of owner. :)

I found one of these in my parents closet earlier this year (it was from my brothers old pc) I put it on ebay I think it was the agp one though

Bump.

Any thread on Voodoo brings back such good memories... My Canopus Pure 3D II was probably my most enjoyed hardware purchase.

bump because I owned one of these in xmas 2000. I had bought an off-the-shelf HP computer with a celeron 700. I got interested in computers and realized I couldn't install an AGP card because this shitty computer didn't have the slot! That made the Geforce 2 impossible. The best PCI video card was the Voodoo 5 5500. Got that. A few months later, I upgraded the Celeron to a Pentium III 850 and upped the ram to 320MB. That was a decent machine then. Could play Quake III and Unreal Tournament. I sold that card later for 90 bucks and built an Athlon 1.4ghz with a Radeon 8500.

I have one. I will try to dig it out when I get home. I don't have the original box, just the card in an anti-static bag.

Edit: I do have the box. PM me or email me an offer if you are interested. I will test it at work tomorrow.

Voodoo_zpse3ae154c.jpg

Last edited:
Back