WTB socket AM2 motherboard w/ SLI and RAID that can run Athlon II x4 645

JesterOI

Limp Gawd
Hopefully not a shot in the dark...

I had my ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe stop posting on me, but want to keep the system. An exact replacement would be easiest for me, but just getting it back up and running would be great.

Thanks,

Geoff

Hopefully not a shot in the dark...

I had my ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe stop posting on me, but want to keep the system. An exact replacement would be easiest for me, but just getting it back up and running would be great.

Thanks,

Geoff

You may want to try the "Cook Method" on a thread for video cards posted in the Video card forum. In it, people posted their successful stories about reviving dead video cards, but it'd work the same way for motherboards. Just make sure to remove all plastic components (ie: heatsinks, fans, d-connectors in the I/O area, etc...) before "cooking" it. Also, another way is, check each capacitor closely for bulging, leaks, etc, particularly around the CPU socket area. If you spot any bad ones and know a little about soldering, it's very easy to take out a bad capacitor and put in a new one. Just check on Ebay and buy the same type capacitor(s) and put it/them on. Both methods are worth a try!

The thread: https://hardforum.com/threads/holy-crap-it-worked-dead-video-card-resurrected.1421792

was that

is that your ebay listing? I've actually been eyeballin getting more of this model. They're surprisingly good old boards.
I still have one of the MSI GD70 790FX boards. Ran my 980 BE @ 4.4Ghz for a while. They can support Thuban but if you do MAKE SURE you keep those VRMs cool.

Sorry OP for the OT chatter on your thread. Hopefully you find some of this useful.

You may want to try the "Cook Method" on a thread for video cards posted in the Video card forum. In it, people posted their successful stories about reviving dead video cards, but it'd work the same way for motherboards. Just make sure to remove all plastic components (ie: heatsinks, fans, d-connectors in the I/O area, etc...) before "cooking" it. Also, another way is, check each capacitor closely for bulging, leaks, etc, particularly around the CPU socket area. If you spot any bad ones and know a little about soldering, it's very easy to take out a bad capacitor and put in a new one. Just check on Ebay and buy the same type capacitor(s) and put it/them on. Both methods are worth a try!

The thread: https://hardforum.com/threads/holy-crap-it-worked-dead-video-card-resurrected.1421792

I have done this for my buddy before for his XBOX. I found a good deal on a heat gun in the process. I mean, the board doesn't work right now, so why not try this?

The one power socket looks to be cooked. I remember my system not posting when I forgot to hook up this power socket before. I'm guessing this is it.

I wonder if cleaning it will work?

Attachments

• IMG_20180123_171140.jpg
    IMG_20180123_171140.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20180123_171218.jpg
    IMG_20180123_171218.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180123_171230.jpg
    IMG_20180123_171230.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
I can revise the ebay listing to have calculated shipping and availability to CA. I'll do it tonight if you like.

If you can get that done you have a sale for the mobo and ram.

I think the S&H should be about $30 or less I hope.

Centerville MA is only 375mi from me in Ottawa.

If you can get that done you have a sale for the mobo and ram.

I think the S&H should be about $30 or less I hope.

Centerville MA is only 375mi from me in Ottawa.

Just updated the ebay listing. Let me know if you have any questions. If you decide to buy it, I will include the 4x1GB (you can see them in the other listings I have) for free.

Just updated the ebay listing. Let me know if you have any questions. If you decide to buy it, I will include the 4x1GB (you can see them in the other listings I have) for free.

I hit refresh a few times and no shipping for Canada is showing up.

Are you able to submit an offer? Try that and see what happens.

Can't make offer either.

"Sorry, this item cannot be shipped to Canada.You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:The seller has specified that this item cannot be shipped to addresses in Canada"

Can't make offer either.

"Sorry, this item cannot be shipped to Canada.You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:The seller has specified that this item cannot be shipped to addresses in Canada"

I will do what I can to figure it out and get back to you. It says I can ship to literally every country in the world except canada for some reason.

Got my system up and running with the motherboard and ram from mnewxcv.

Posting this on the system right now, everything looking good so far.

Back