WTB: Socket 775 motherboard with PCI-X

jeremym

Limp Gawd
I am looking to get a motherboard that has PCI-X support (not to be confused with PCI-e). The motherboard must be socket 775 and support Intel Quad Core Q6600 cpu and DDR2 ram.

I am hoping someone has one laying around since this is kinda old stuff these days :)

Do you have some examples of motherboards (with this feature) that would be among your preferences? It would probably make your search more productive.

There are not really too many examples out there these days. Honestly if someone has a board laying around with PCI-X they know what I'm looking for. They are mostly found in server board types. Although Google does display some boards still when searching for boards with PCI-X. I would post an example but I don't want someone seeing it and thinking thats the only one im looking for or think thats the style im looking for. The only requirements are the ones i listed above.

Good suggestion just not that feasible with a socket 775.

I used to own an Tyan dual AM2 socket motherboard with 2 PCI-X slots. If you're willing to go AMD, more options are available. Either way, I agree you're looking for an older "server class" motherboard.

I am pretty sure I have an asus "server" 775 board with pci-x. It also has 8 sas ports.

Interested? Make me an offer.

Edit: I think it'sThis one.

Ty for the replies. Depending on how my search goes I might take you up on that am2 board. I have a CPU that works with that board but it's a dual core. I run VMs on the computer it's going in. Dual socket is nice though :) I will keep that in mind.

@robstar yhpm

Last edited:
I have a box of boards that I can go through sometime today and see if I have one that will work for you.
Just broke down a bunch of old servers that we had.

SuperMicro X7SBE's are pretty cheap on eBay these days (~$40, although probably less since they tend to have a `Make Offer' option). It's got four PCI-X slots and two PCIe slots. I've got one running with a Q6600 and it's been a great board. Just an option if you can't find one cheaper.

SuperMicro X7SBE's are pretty cheap on eBay these days (~$40, although probably less since they tend to have a `Make Offer' option). It's got four PCI-X slots and two PCIe slots. I've got one running with a Q6600 and it's been a great board. Just an option if you can't find one cheaper.

That is exactly what i am needing! Thank you for that :D I just ordered one from Ebay for $39 with free shipping and it should be here by Monday! Once again thank you :D

@dbwillis Ty for the bump I appreciate it :D

@myktek ty and you have a pm

Last edited:
Back