WTB: Pentium 3 / ASUS CUSL2 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
I know this is a long shot but does anyone have Pentium III / CUSL2 setup they are willing to sell?

I am going to try and migrate my 3dfx retro setup to the CUSL2 setup

I just need CPU/Memory/Motherboard - I have everything else

I'm looking to spend under 20$ if possible (Retro rig budget)

I have a pair of P3 1Ghz (Coppermines) but I don't think I have a working S370 board, much less a CUSL2

Oh, and I have a pile of PC-133 RAM too -- I'd have to go downstairs and check on the specifics but I know I probably have some 256MB sticks and POSSIBLY a 512MB stick or two. I know I have at least one in my old Promise S150 raid card I would possibly be willing to part with...

OMFG! What a trip back into history! I loved the one I had. I gave it away a long time ago, unfortunately.

I had the same setup. CUSL2 + 1Ghz Coppermine and Voodoo Banshee or 3000. I don't remember.

thanks for the bumps - if you have a Pentium iii with a different intel motherboard let me know.. the CUSL2 I had was the best for the retro rigs..

I currently have an eMachine Thunderbird setup, which while it is a great machine - looking to switch it all to an intel based setup (intel P3 and Intel motherboard) , the CUSL2 I believe is an i815 setup

what i am looking for would need at the very least 3 PCI + 1 AGP for my cards - (6800GT + Dual Voodoo2 12Mbs + SoundBlaster Live)

hmm, I may have to think about this. My wife would say do it :D, though I still have some attachment to the old girl.

I have pretty much top of the line here.
CUSL2-C, hacked BIOS to enabled full overclocking past 140fsb, 512gb PC150 @ 155, P3 1000@1162 /155fsb, 6800GT sounds rright but can't confirm at the moment what the video card is in there right now, but I know I have one sitting on the shelf if not.

It's been one of the best computers I have owned. Rock solid in this configuration since around 2003 I believe when I did a few upgrades, originally built in 2000 IIRC. For the last ~7yrs I dig it out about twice a year, boot up, update it, play around and put it back in the closet :D

your wife is a wise, wise women.. you should listen to her wisdom and sell it to me :)

hmm, I may have to think about this. My wife would say do it :D, though I still have some attachment to the old girl.

I have pretty much top of the line here.
CUSL2-C, hacked BIOS to enabled full overclocking past 140fsb, 512gb PC150 @ 155, P3 1000@1162 /155fsb, 6800GT sounds rright but can't confirm at the moment what the video card is in there right now, but I know I have one sitting on the shelf if not.

It's been one of the best computers I have owned. Rock solid in this configuration since around 2003 I believe when I did a few upgrades, originally built in 2000 IIRC. For the last ~7yrs I dig it out about twice a year, boot up, update it, play around and put it back in the closet :D

You need a Pin-modded P3 1.4-S (with Evil Inside bios) and a PCI Voodoo 3/4 to take that setup to the next level :D

I'm hanging on to my CUSL2 Black pearl and my P3 1.4-S.

I do hope you find what you're looking for. The CUSL2 was the motherboard in my very first build. I rocked a Pentium III 800EB at the time. I do wish I kept mine. I did find a CUV4X at a thrift store a couple of years ago to scratch the nostalgia itch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back