wtb: NAS

If transfer speeds don't matter (70-80MB/s) and you don't need drives larger than 4tb, find an old Intel ss4200-e for cheap. (y)
 
If transfer speeds don't matter (70-80MB/s) and you don't need drives larger than 4tb, find an old Intel ss4200-e for cheap. (y)

Thanks for the suggestion, I've found a couple on eBay that will work within my budget. Gonna wait a couple days and try to find something on here then may order one of those
 
Thanks for the suggestion, I've found a couple on eBay that will work within my budget. Gonna wait a couple days and try to find something on here then may order one of those
If you feel like being a bit bold, you can try to find an old Dell lga775 with 4 sata ports and an intel nic and it seems if you load the Intel nas os on an ide drive (you'll have to search for it online), you can build an ss4200-e out of just an old pc:
https://hardforum.com/threads/fake-intel-ss4200-e.1472210/

I have an old Dell but haven't tried it yet.
 
Back
Top