WTB: Mac Mini for Pro Presenter and live streaming

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Hello!

I am looking for a Mac Mini that would be suitable for use with Pro Presenter and live streaming. Budget is $500. Macbooks are welcomed too. If you want to offer something PM me with technical specs, condition, warranty if any, included accessories. Shipping is to Springfield, MO 65802.

I remember my church running pro presenter and live streaming through a Mac Mini. The CPU topped out quite often, forget about 1080p.
They hired me to build a PC, and it has been doing 1080p livestreams without breaking a sweat for years with the ability to do 4K. PP stayed on an iMac.

Just words of wisdom before you jump into the frying pan.

I remember my church running pro presenter and live streaming through a Mac Mini. The CPU topped out quite often, forget about 1080p.
They hired me to build a PC, and it has been doing 1080p livestreams without breaking a sweat for years with the ability to do 4K. PP stayed on an iMac.

Just words of wisdom before you jump into the frying pan.
I appreciate it! I can see and believe what you are saying. Those small things need far better cooling if they're going to pack some horses.

I take it a C2D Mac Mini would not be powerful enough for you based on the above comments?
If I am wrong, let me know, I have a cheap one with onboard Nvidia video.

I actually just started a different thread wanting to trade my mac mini for a new GPU. It's 2012 model with a core i5 16GB ram, 256GB SSD and 500GB HDD for extra storage. Original box and a wireless apple keyboard included. No apple warranty left. Been using it to encode my World of Warcraft raid videos and never gets overly warm even when encoding at %100. iMovie is such a nice little app compared to any of the free stuff you can get on windows and I hate to loose it, but my needs are for an updated GPU right now so thats why I'm looking to get rid of it.

PM me if interested.

Back