WTB: Mac Mini for Pro Presenter and live streaming

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by Cerulean, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean [H]ardForum Junkie

Hello!

I am looking for a Mac Mini that would be suitable for use with Pro Presenter and live streaming. Budget is $500. Macbooks are welcomed too. If you want to offer something PM me with technical specs, condition, warranty if any, included accessories. Shipping is to Springfield, MO 65802.

2. WorldExclusive

WorldExclusive [H]ardForum Junkie

I remember my church running pro presenter and live streaming through a Mac Mini. The CPU topped out quite often, forget about 1080p.
    They hired me to build a PC, and it has been doing 1080p livestreams without breaking a sweat for years with the ability to do 4K. PP stayed on an iMac.

Just words of wisdom before you jump into the frying pan.

Vader and Cerulean like this.
  3. Cerulean

Cerulean [H]ardForum Junkie

I appreciate it! I can see and believe what you are saying. Those small things need far better cooling if they're going to pack some horses.

4. DPOSCORP

DPOSCORP [H]ardForum Junkie

I take it a C2D Mac Mini would not be powerful enough for you based on the above comments?
    If I am wrong, let me know, I have a cheap one with onboard Nvidia video.

5. CannibalTrout

CannibalTrout Gawd

I actually just started a different thread wanting to trade my mac mini for a new GPU. It's 2012 model with a core i5 16GB ram, 256GB SSD and 500GB HDD for extra storage. Original box and a wireless apple keyboard included. No apple warranty left. Been using it to encode my World of Warcraft raid videos and never gets overly warm even when encoding at %100. iMovie is such a nice little app compared to any of the free stuff you can get on windows and I hate to loose it, but my needs are for an updated GPU right now so thats why I'm looking to get rid of it.

PM me if interested.