WTB GPU 1080/2070 or better

shamgar

Limp Gawd
i am looking for GPU's that can be reasonably offered - i know that will be hard because of how crazy the markups have been recently, but i am hoping i can have some good luck here like i have over all of the years.

i currently have some 970s i am gaming on, but i recently started emulating nintendo switch games, and the 970s are lagging behind and all my son and of the children at my house get annoyed with the games being slow.

if anyone could help me out and give me offers of what you have i would really appreciate it!

i would also probably like a 1080ti or etc, but obviously i would most likely prefer one of the 2xxx series, like a 2060 or 2070 or ideally a 2080 ti so please give me your offers thanks!

my heatware i havent used in a while but its here: https://www.heatware.com/u/49347/to
under the name 'wyclefcupcake'

edit again: found an x79 motherboard! ty!

Last edited:
ok good news was i got a couple gfx cards, bad news is i got a 2060 super but while its supposed to be better than the 1070ti, for emulating switch games its actually not. so i'm still looking for gfx cards, but preferably higher than a 1070ti. and in the 2xxx series i guess higher than a 2060 super. so if anyone has anything to offer please let me know!

as far as my 2060 super, i would have to either sell it, or maybe i could trade it for someones 1080 or 1080ti plus cash unless you had multiple cards or something that we could work out in a trade. but seeing as how these 2060 supers are going for crazy amounts of money i might be better off selling it and then using that money to buy other cards from people? i guess ill see what anyone says, ty

its this card btw: https://us.msi.com/Graphics-Card/support/GeForce-RTX-2060-SUPER-GAMING-X

Last edited:
I have a GTX 1080 Founders card I'd be willing to trade. PM me if you're interested.

hey everyone so i ended up selling the 2060 super for what i bought it for, it was around $550 shipped with insurance and fees and etc. i didnt really want to make money off the card, i just want to get gpu cards that i can put in the computers that will run the nintendo switch games at their proper frame rates. the kids get all upset when it freezes or lags.

so anyway i guess i'm still looking for graphics cards now since the 2060super wasnt enough - so i guess i'm now looking for any 1080's, 1080tis, or a 2070super or actually i'd prefer a 2080ti if anyone has one. i know this is a huge deal right now with cards being worth their weight in gold but if anyone could please help me out i would appreciate it very very much and the kids would as well! and ty to the members that already did reach out and help me out - i did get a couple very great deals from some amazing members here so thank you very much!!

yeah dude i have 6 gaming computers - and i just sold that 2060 super. i was using 970s and a 980 - but the deal at the house is i live with my brother and his wife and their children. so right now we have an 8 year old nephew thats autistic, and then my 6 year old son. and then my 2 twin nephews that are 5 yrs old, and then my 2 year old daughter. so then when everyone wants to play pokemon, every single kid has to have their own computer bcs im sure as everyone knows, kids HATE SHARING. (i even have to set up a game for my daughter or she will rip the controller out of everyoen elses hands and drive everybody nuts lol) oh and then i have to play pokemon bcs its some competition of who can catch the most. but then on top of that - my wife works overnights as a nurse. so then when the kids all want to play on stuff during the day when shes sleeping, we have to move into the other rooms and play on those computers so we dont wake her up. bcs again im sure everyone can figure out that a bunch of kids playing games (especially a bunch of little boys) they are loud. i actually have a bunch of videos where the 8 year old and my son are playing mario kart (emulated) and while they are playing they are jumping up and down while playing it. i have no clue how they do it bcs i didnt even do that when i was a kid. i also have gta V installed but i modded it and took out all of the swearing and installed the 'flash' mod where you can be the flash and you cant use guns and all you do is sprint around and run really fast. which for some reason the kids think is the coolest thing in the universe.
but anyway thats my predicament and thast why there was no way i could pay all of the scalpers prices that are out there to try to upgrade these cards and i have been hoping to get help from other people. but the people that have helped so far have been amazing and i am very grateful and thankful. i wish i could have just used the 2060 super but unfortunately that card wasnt as good as a 1080 for emulating switch games so thtas why i just sold it to a friend for what i paid for it

bump does anyone have a 2070 super mini because one of the computer cases i have is super small and i think thats probably the only card that will fit in there because i have a 970 zotac mini one in there now

No interest in AMD cards?
honestly, thats a very good question lol. from everything i have read online about emulating switch games, that the amd cards just arent anywhere near as fast for emulating stuff as the nvidia cards are, something about opengl performance in windows sucking with amd vs nvidia

https://yuzu-emu.org/entry/yuzu-vulkan/

that talks about it a little bit - and it says you can use vulkan now but the problem is that vulkan isnt working right in all games yet - like splatoon 2 it makes the gfx all messed up and when we are playing one of the pokemon games it freezes when using vulkan after you catch a pokemon and you try to get back to the main world, which sucks because vulkan is supposed to be faster than opengl in both cards

so does anyone else have any real world experience with amd cards emulating switch games?

bump bcs i'm also looking for an x79 motherboard hopefully something like asus x79 deluxe

bump does anyone have a good x79 motherboard and still looking for a 2070 super mini or unless someone has a mini 1070ti mini for sale or something that will fit in my small case ty

bump i found an x79 motherboard thank you to all that reached out to me - but i still would like a 2070 super mini or a 1070ti mini or if there are other good gfx cards out there that will fit in a really small computer case

ok so i might not need an actual 'mini' card, it just has to be not as long as a 1080 founders edition or less long than this: 10.5in - 266.7mm
that length of card def wont fit in the case i have.

i actually took a very ancient dell p3 and dremeled out a bunch of stuff and added fans and put a low profile heatsink and mounted the fans weird but it keeps everything cool - i'll have to take pics and upload them somewhere bcs i'm amazed it works - but anyway i think a card that was just a little bit shorter would work, probably something less than 10 inches?

so if anyone has a 2070 super or even better that the card is not that long i need that please. or maybe a 1070ti even?

also if anyone gets to upgrade to one of the impossible to get cards, if you have a normal sized 2070super or above i'll buy yours and sell my old ones bcs the better the gfx card the better the fps rates are on emulating switch games

Last edited:
bump for 2070super and above but especially a 2070 super mini (or smaller length card)

bump for a 2070super mini or another good card that is smaller than the normal 10.5 inches - i think i could get away with a 9.5 in card

Ive got a STRIX 1080 that isnt being used, throw me a PM offer. Original owner, never a single issue. Just dont use PC anymore. Bought from Microcenter 11/2017

GeForce GTX 1080 ROG Strix 8GB GDDR5X Video Card w/ Aura RGB Lighting

bump for a 2070super mini or better - or i looked it up and some just regular 2070's like the founders edition were 9in long? if someone has one of those i need one thanks!

still looking for a 2070 super or 2070 fe or just any 2070 that will fit in my computer case

Back