• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WTB: FTP accessible NAS device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillbot

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 27, 2001
Messages
9,828
Speed is unimportant, I just want something that has a decent amount of storage or a plain box I can toss a large HDD into and map to it via windows. I would prefer something that would power down the HDD over time but it's not that important. Most of all, it needs to be CHEAP! I will pay extra for one that supports two drives and mirroring though.

Please, no comments on how I can turn a PC into a home NAS or anything. I just want a dumb small footprint appliance I can toss into the closet with my router and forget.

Heat is under gillbot.
 
Last edited:
I use a Dlink DNS323, great little unit, quiet and cool.
Mines mounted to a rack under the stairs, along with the DSL modem and router
 
I use a Dlink DNS323, great little unit, quiet and cool.
Mines mounted to a rack under the stairs, along with the DSL modem and router

That's probably the unit I will end up getting from newegg. I was hoping I could find a cheap single drive tritton unit or similar to tide me over a bit though.
 
i have a silverstone NS312 NAS device that i could sell to you. It supports windows mapping. Take a look at silverstones website to get an understanding of it. Hows $110 shipped sound? It is NIB.
 
i have a silverstone NS312 NAS device that i could sell to you. It supports windows mapping. Take a look at silverstones website to get an understanding of it. Hows $110 shipped sound? It is NIB.

Thanks for the offer, I think i'm probably gonna pick a dlink unit up from newegg. I was just hoping to snag a cheap-o tritton unit or something to tide me over.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top