WTB: basic cheap nvidia graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

cganesh75

2[H]4U
Need a very basic and cheap nvidia gfx card that will work with windows 10. VGA port is a must and standard size card. No extra power connector.

I upgraded an older machine to win 10 but onboard gfx is not compatible with windows 10.

Please give me a shipped price to Orlando,Florida 32828

I thought I would be able to find something pretty easily that fit the bill somewhere online for you, but looks like this problem is quite widespread even with cheaper older video cards. :(

What's your budget, and the biggest size and highest power the card can demand? If it requires one 6-pin would that be possible or totally out of the question?

I thought I would be able to find something pretty easily that fit the bill somewhere online for you, but looks like this problem is quite widespread even with cheaper older video cards. :(

What's your budget, and the biggest size and highest power the card can demand? If it requires one 6-pin would that be possible or totally out of the question?

This is going to be in a HP computer that is pretty much used for web surfing. 6 pin connector is ok. but that also means the card is going to need more juice which the PSU may not be able to handle.

I have an EVGA 1050 (non-Ti) card that does everything you're looking for except VGA. I can see if it will work with a DVI to VGA adapter.

Side note question - Did they not do a B stock sale today?

seems they didn't. I check every week for giggles, got a 980Ti SC2 not too long ago for $189 (good deal when you consider the 1yr warranty). I figured they would be having way more sales since they're doing the RTX tradein program.

seems they didn't. I check every week for giggles, got a 980Ti SC2 not too long ago for $189 (good deal when you consider the 1yr warranty). I figured they would be having way more sales since they're doing the RTX tradein program.
That's what I thought too. I've been waiting for a budget card to pop up, hoping to snag a 1060 6gb for cheap now that the new cards are out.

That's what I thought too. I've been waiting for a budget card to pop up, hoping to snag a 1060 6gb for cheap now that the new cards are out.

There are a bunch of them kids are selling on my local CL for $100 so they can upgrade to whatever is newest.

Last edited:
"pretty much used for web surfing" .... that won't take much. I have an Nvidia Quadro FX 580 from a Dell workstation that you can have for free - just cost of the ride. No power connector, Nvidia page says it's Win10 compatible, and I know it works with DVI to VGA adapter.

This was my first thought and I checked the compatibility of a lot of the cheaper cards and in quick searches you'd find people having issues with the newest win 10 update. It seems a lot of old hardware is getting alienated with this newest update.
That is a good point. The Nvidia compatibility page is near 4 years old. If the OP is interested I will confirm the card with my system which is currently v1809.

That's what I'm talking about, would love to find a local one for $100.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
It ain't West Texas.
Cool kids here I was noticing actually are encouraged to stream, create content, get gaming or content tutors, parents buy them gear. Gotta make sure the lower middle class kids can keep up with the ones whose parents work tech like I do.

I posted a pic a few days ago where a kid gave away a 1660ti + h100 RGB bc he got a Ryzen2 & Navi upgrade.

My area is good for stuff like this, I build my buddies kids gear.

It ain't throwing a football in the middle of an alley in the Tenderloin and shoot for Varsity your sophomore/junior year of high school like it was for me and my old man.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
It ain't West Texas.
Cool kids here I was noticing actually are encouraged to stream, create content, get gaming or content tutors, parents buy them gear. Gotta make sure the lower middle class kids can keep up with the ones whose parents work tech like I do.

I posted a pic a few days ago where a kid gave away a 1660ti + h100 RGB bc he got a Ryzen2 & Navi upgrade.

My area is good for stuff like this, I build my buddies kids gear.

It ain't throwing a football in the middle of an alley in the Tenderloin and shoot for Varsity your sophomore/junior year of high school like it was for me and my old man.

Yeah, nothing like that near me. Downside of living in the middle of nowhere I guess.

The Quadro FX 580 works in v1809. Using it to type this post. Clicked around the net a bit. Watched some full screen HD YouTube videos at 1280x1024 res with no issues. Wouldn't ask too much more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back