WTB: AM3+ Motherboard for an AMD fx8320

n0ob3r

Limp Gawd
Hello All,
I gave my step-dad most of my old computer items and he did an amazing job putting PC's together for my nieces and nephews. Some of you sold me some parts that helped, and I really appreciate everyone that contributed.

He wants to put together one of the old AMD FX 8320s. He just about has everything else except for a AM3+ motherboard.

Anyone have a AM3+ motherboard laying around?

Take care,

I might have one I left at work. I'll have to check it next Wednesday.

I have a combo with 8320e cpu/16GB DDR3-2100Mhz/Gigabyte GA-FX990A-UD3 if its any interest to you.

I have 2 in my possession but 1 will not POST and the other has a SATA controller issue where Windows setup tries to format the hard disk/SSD but fails to do so. If I manage to get both working I'll part with one of them.

Hello All,
Thank you for the responses. Things got busy over here. I will be responding tomorrow after I sort through the responses.

Thank you,

I might have one I left at work. I'll have to check it next Wednesday.
Did you see if you had one? Is it Micro-ATX?
I have a combo with 8320e cpu/16GB DDR3-2100Mhz/Gigabyte GA-FX990A-UD3 if its any interest to you.
I looked up the board, is it micro-atx?

Talked with my Step-dad and he stated that he only has a micro-atx case left. I am a bit constricted to that requirement.

I appreciate everyone's willingness to help me hook up my step-dad to bring some of this old hardware back to life =).

I believe I have a microATX gigabyte board with no issues. PM me if interested and I'll dig it after work for pics

Talked with my Step-dad and he stated that he only has a micro-atx case left. I am a bit constricted to that requirement.

I appreciate everyone's willingness to help me hook up my step-dad to bring some of this old hardware back to life =).
No its a full ATX board. Good luck with your search.

I'd recommend taking another peek at bigsnyder's* GA-990FXA-UD3 - like he said it's normal size, and look at all that connectivity.
It has friggin' everything on that I/O panel.
It also has a hefty CPU voltage regulation module, which that fx8320 would certainly benefit from.
* I have no affiliation with bigsnyder. I just like those older UD3 Gigabyte boards.
** edit: ah crap, just noticed you're constrained to micro. Oh well.

I'd recommend taking another peek at bigsnyder's* GA-990FXA-UD3 - like he said it's normal size, and look at all that connectivity.
It has friggin' everything on that I/O panel.
It also has a hefty CPU voltage regulation module, which that fx8320 would certainly benefit from.
* I have no affiliation with bigsnyder. I just like those older UD3 Gigabyte boards.
** edit: ah crap, just noticed you're constrained to micro. Oh well.
Yes cases should be the last part to be catered to because ya already have it. Get real parts and buy a small ATX as needed. AM3 was also known to be a burner so as far as longevity and performance goes, get a real full size board.
Also heads up to Gigabyte for apparently being the master of AM3. I owned them for AM2+ as they seemed like the best option even back then.

I have an ATX sized Asus ROG Crosshair III Formula which if I recall is AM3 and comes with a Phenom II X4 955 quad core and 8gb of Patriot 1600 ram. Got the original CD for it if you want to run Win7. When I pulled it from my Feeding Frenzy project about 5 months ago had it running the latest version of Win10. While Win11 isn't officially supported by Asus I do believe it will run Win11 with a little fudging. Got 5 sata2 ports as well as an ESATA port on the back and I think I have the cable as well. 6 usb2 on board and 6 more on the back. It has 2 PCIE2 X16 slots (both electrically active for SLI). It also has a PCI bus slot which I used for WiFi and can also run IDE. 3 PCIE X1 slots, but one is used for the Creative SupremeFX sound card. Got lots of stuff stuff that overclockers would like. I also have the bezel and the manual. This MB is like a Swiss Army knife Lol

Back