Wtb:7700k and low profile gpu

Rashean700

Gawd
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
636
Looking for a 7700k or non k and a low profile slot powered gpu better than a gt640 for an older system I’m trying to update for a family member. The system I'm trying to pretty much max out is a HP EliteDesk 800 g3 sff. Lmk what you got thanks!
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately I cannot. It’s an older hp system.
If you don't mind posting the HP model number--many times HP was very conservative with what the system could actually be upgraded to since they never tested everything available. I was able to stuff 256GB for RDIMMs in my z420 that was supposed to max out at 32GB of ECC UDIMMs. Searching for the HP model number and 'i7-9700 cpu upgrade' should let you know if anyone has done it and how.
 
What CPU are you running now? How much ram?
I just took a HP mini tower out of service from someone, which may be a better deal for you if shipping is not a killer.
I got to get the exact model and specs, but I think it is a i5-7500, 8 or 16GB ram and SSD.
Heck, I think it even has a cheap GPU in it.
 
What CPU are you running now? How much ram?
I just took a HP mini tower out of service from someone, which may be a better deal for you if shipping is not a killer.
I got to get the exact model and specs, but I think it is a i5-7500, 8 or 16GB ram and SSD.
Heck, I think it even has a cheap GPU in it.
it has a i5-6500 in it now. 16gb ram and it has a gt640 1gb gpu in it. its a sff system.
 
I have a Quadro P400 2GB half-height card with 3x Mini-DP ports if you want it.
 
I don't know if it would be much of an upgrade, but I have an i5-7500 that you could have for a nominal fee + shipping.
 
Back
Top