WTB: 5800x3d

SomeFknGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to replace my aging(likely failing) 1800x and the 5800x3d is actually supported by my old Crosshair6 hero board. The original plan was to build a 7800x3d and move to DDR5 and AM5 but real life and bills have prevented that for the time being at least. I'm a little weary of buying an ebay part or amazon given how many counterfeits there are out there now... Anyone have one laying around they would be willing to part with?

I don't know what your budget for one would be, but, if you have a microcenter nearby, they have them listed at $299 currently, if you can't find one used at a good price

I don't know what your budget for one would be, but, if you have a microcenter nearby, they have them listed at $299 currently, if you can't find one used at a good price
I saw that haha. Nearest microcenter to me in 5 hours away. Which is either terrible or great for me depending on which side of my wallet you're looking at

Another bump. Possibly interested in other 5k series chips but specifically the 58x3d

I just upgraded from a 5700X to the X3D.
Its adding about 10% to FPS in some games. I am disappointed it cant OC.
I looked for over 2 weeks for a used one, no dice.
If you really want one....buy a new one, because the used price will be close to new.
Alternatively, the 5800X is cheaper, and with PBO will boost 200 or so MHz......it is faster than the X3D in some games depending on what you play.

I just upgraded from a 5700X to the X3D.
Its adding about 10% to FPS in some games. I am disappointed it cant OC.
I looked for over 2 weeks for a used one, no dice.
If you really want one....buy a new one, because the used price will be close to new.
Alternatively, the 5800X is cheaper, and with PBO will boost 200 or so MHz......it is faster than the X3D in some games depending on what you play.
You can overclock it. You just can't use the multiplier.

Back