WTB: 2GB Stick of DDR2 SODIMM RAM and Small SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_2004

Supreme [H]ardness
Edit: SSD and RAM are no longer needed.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have no SSD, but I have a single 2GB DDR2 667 sodimm, $12 shipped?

it's a 2gb stick of ddr2 667, isn't that exactly what you asked for?

it's a 2gb stick of ddr2 667, isn't that exactly what you asked for?

As I told dbwillis last night, I will need to think about it as I've never heard of ASint (the brand of RAM it is) and older Thinkpads can be picky about RAM. Usually I can just input the model of RAM plus the model of the laptop into Google and find posts stating if it is compatible; however, barely any information about the RAM exists so searching Google provided no help. I have asked the members of thinkpads.com but I'm not sure if I'll get any definitive answers, since, again, ASint is an obscure brand. Even if I don't get any answers, I will probably purchase it but, for the moment, I shall wait since I don't even have my laptop yet.

As I told dbwillis last night, I will need to think about it as I've never heard of ASint (the brand of RAM it is) and older Thinkpads can be picky about RAM. Usually I can just input the model of RAM plus the model of the laptop into Google and find posts stating if it is compatible; however, barely any information about the RAM exists so searching Google provided no help. I have asked the members of thinkpads.com but I'm not sure if I'll get any definitive answers, since, again, ASint is an obscure brand. Even if I don't get any answers, I will probably purchase it but, for the moment, I shall wait since I don't even have my laptop yet.

Most "brands" aren't really brands anyway. You need to know about the chips on it, as there are very few memory makers, most just rebrand or resticker then sell.

Most "brands" aren't really brands anyway. You need to know about the chips on it, as there are very few memory makers, most just rebrand or resticker then sell.

I know; however, in my experience, it tends to be easier to find information about compatibility when I am given the model since most people post that in "is this RAM compatible" threads rather than the chip. Still, it reminded me to ask dbwillis if he can provide the chip information as this is one of those instances where it may prove to be more useful.

昱聯科技 or ASint is mostly provide for ASUS laptop and usually Elpida(爾必達) chip

昱聯科技 or ASint is mostly provide for ASUS laptop and usually Elpida(爾必達) chip

Thanks for the information. Elpida was common for older Thinkpads that use DDR, so I imagine the DDR2 stuff would work.

I'll likely be making my decision on Monday or Tuesday, and, unless I receive any other offers, I'll be going with dbwillis's.

also, what model of think pad? u might need low density aka 16 chips double side, instead of high density 8 chips double sides ( I ran into that problem with i945gm/pm, only take 2GB low density)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back