WQL Drivers out 195.62

The x64 drivers say they are not compatible with the version of windows I am using.
Has anybody else ran into this problem?

Looks like my download got corrupted, a 2nd try fixed it.
At 55KB/s sustained with this wireless ISP I try to download the least amount that I can. ;p

Last edited:
Performance seems ok but Physx is flakey as hell in Batman: AA. Some things work (cloth, limited tile destruction, smoke is fine) but I'm walking/clipping through those plastic strip air dam things. Thought those were essentially the same as the cloth but who knows. Recent Nvidia drivers have failed to meet my expectations.

Makes you wonder what's going on at nvidia. Same problems they had when vista came out. I seem to recall that is around the same time they outsourced to India for driver development. Took them a good year to get out of that funk and into the swing of things. I hope for their sake that they haven't re-outsourced to somewhere else and will take another year to come up to speed. They had the advantage of having by FAR the best hardware back then with the release of the 8800 series cards just a few months before vista was released. They don't have ANY advantages now. Better get your shit straight soon nvidia, especially in this economy. ATI's drivers are bad enough. We don't need TWO out of two video card companies pumping out shitty drivers month after month...

These drivers are awful. I installed it and for CoD4, the screen keeps flickering. The beta drivers did the same thing, but I didn't realize that this IS the beta driver.

Beta 195.62? Because those came out just hours before this WHQL driver.

Beta 195.(something lower then 62) is what most of us played around with.

These drivers are awful. I installed it and for CoD4, the screen keeps flickering. The beta drivers did the same thing, but I didn't realize that this IS the beta driver.

Same here in Age of Conan. Nvidia is really pissing me off lately.

I don't know if this is driver related but I've been running 191.07 without problems. Last week I installed the 195.55 betas and I got flashing of the screen during a few different video games. Uninstalling back to 191.07 fixed it. Today I installed the 195.62 WHQL and the same thing is happening again.

Back to 191.07!

Last edited:
No issues with CoD4 or CoD:WaW on my system with these drivers...

You sure your card wasn't damaged by the 191.07's?

Anyone having corruption issues with the driver?

I downloaded from Nvidia's website and Guru3d and it won't make it half way when it tries to extract the driver. Gives me a 7-zip error.

Anyone having corruption issues with the driver?

I downloaded from Nvidia's website and Guru3d and it won't make it half way when it tries to extract the driver. Gives me a 7-zip error.

I had this issue at first too. Turned out to be a corrupted download as it installed fine after I downloaded it again.

Also, anyone have problems with PhysX after installing these drivers? I just did a clean system install and put these drivers on a Win 7 x64 OS and PhysX wouldn't open when I double clicked it from the control panel. It said something about the NvcplUI.exe file couldn't be found. I googled it and some people said the file is just in the wrong spot, but after a search of my entire drive, I didn't have the file at all.

Any ideas what the deal is with that? Or whether it'll impact my physX performance?

I think I've solved the problem with the screen flickering issue. I did a fresh format and reinstalled everything and my games came out flickering. So I disabled SLI restarted and re-enabled SLI again and everything works fine. No flickering. Give it a try and post your results for those running this driver in SLI.

if any one noticed temperature monitoring tools like EVGA precision, Rivatuner, Speedfan are not showing the GPU temperature, I found this on Evga forums and it worked…

That's an internal issue of all currently available 190.xx series.

Problem background:
Since 190.xx series NVIDIA driver's internal resource manager is trying to precache thermal sensors information in the registry during the first startup after installation. This mechanism doesn't seem to work fine yet, under some conditions sensor detection and precaching algorithm can fail and store incorrect sensor type information in the registry causing temperatures to disappear till the ForceWare re-installation.

Temporary solution:

Until the problem is not fixed by NVIDIA, there are still some temporary tricks allowing to solve it. First, you may just perform complete Foreware re-install, this will also cause precached thermal sensor information to be removed from the registry and to be re-detected by ForceWare on the next start. Second, you may manually remove corrupted thermal sensor information from the registry and this way cause the ForceWare to re-detect it on the next reboot. To do it open regedit then search and delete all instances of RmThermalProviderInfo and RmThermalProviderNum entries in the registry. Then reboot.

And let's hope that it won't take long time to fix it from NVIDIA side.

I think I've solved the problem with the screen flickering issue. I did a fresh format and reinstalled everything and my games came out flickering. So I disabled SLI restarted and re-enabled SLI again and everything works fine. No flickering. Give it a try and post your results for those running this driver in SLI.

i have the flickering issue and i dont have SLI.. its something with having dual monitors and its pissing me off..

as for the temp issue firas all my programs detect the temps correctly..

i have the flickering issue and i dont have SLI.. its something with having dual monitors and its pissing me off..

I don't have dual monitors and I get flickering in SLI with those drivers. Think it has to do with the video card setting incorrect refresh rates. I was able to go flicker free at 1280x720 res and run Farcry 2 at 59hz at that res as well, but setting it back to the native resolution brings the flicker right back. They do this so you go buy a new video card... also pisses me off theres no fix yet...

I don't have dual monitors and I get flickering in SLI with those drivers. Think it has to do with the video card setting incorrect refresh rates. I was able to go flicker free at 1280x720 res and run Farcry 2 at 59hz at that res as well, but setting it back to the native resolution brings the flicker right back. They do this so you go buy a new video card... also pisses me off theres no fix yet...

i think so too.. the drivers keep locking my right monitor at 59hz and my left monitor at 60hz.. and its pissing me off.. not to mention i seem to have this weird lag issue in games.. frame rate will go up and down constantly.. will drop all the way down to 1fps.. pause then shoot back up to 60.. arg i hate aero!

I was getting BSOD's at startup in my sig system with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I thought it was something with the windows updates I just installed but the only thing that fixed it was booting into safe mode and reinstalling some older 191.XX drivers and getting rid of the 192.62's. The new drivers didn't work so well in my SLI setup...

I was getting BSOD's at startup in my sig system with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I thought it was something with the windows updates I just installed but the only thing that fixed it was booting into safe mode and reinstalling some older 191.XX drivers and getting rid of the 192.62's. The new drivers didn't work so well in my SLI setup...

I have the exact issue going on now.I just did a fresh install to SSD this weekend and have been fighting this ever since.The only way to not get a BSOD at startup with these drivers is to disable SLI before I shutdown..Pretty irritating workaround but it beats booting into safe mode.

I don't know if this is driver related but I've been running 191.07 without problems. Last week I installed the 195.55 betas and I got flashing of the screen during a few different video games. Uninstalling back to 191.07 fixed it. Today I installed the 195.62 WHQL and the same thing is happening again.

Back to 191.07!

hey thanks for the heads up on the 191.07 drivers.. never bothered to use them before since i just stuck with the 186.18 drivers until i installed w7.. all my problems are gone now.. and adobe flash player isnt lagging anymore..

I hated these drivers. I made a change in the CP and my FSAA stopped working. Completely. I couldn't even force FSAA back on in my games. I had to revert back to the 182.50 drivers to get it back.

The 182.50 drivers are still the best ones I have used. They seem to work best with FSX, FS2004 (the two simulators I use most), and the other games I play as well (outside of Dirt 2 which requires a hard reboot due to a blank screen and freezing and NFS Shift which just acts wonky). Other than Dirt 2 and NFS Shift, I have not had any problems with the 182.50 drivers.

Anyone having issues with this driver running 1920x1080 into a 1080p TV? Connection is DVI-D to DVI-D but it doesn't recognize the digital signal and says its a VGA cable. Looks like crap. Fresh format and install of Win7, so I don't recall the previous driver that worked great. But that was with XP.

Specs are Win7 Ultimate x64, BFG 9800GT, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L, C2D E6750, 4GB Corsair C4DHX.

Hmmmmm.... any word that these drivers could possibly damage GPUs? I installed them and my 8800GTX was toast in about a week. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if the drivers are to blame. I was using the 186 drivers before.....

The reason I am asking is because I may be getting a new Video Card soon (if I can't RMA). I don't want to take a chance with drivers that could damage it.

I downloaded the beta drivers (something like 195.82) to test the GPU acceleration in Flash 10.1 and they're doing great. Normally, I don't install until they're WHQL but they seem to work great across the board.

I can confirm this, 195.62_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql drivers

Run them about 1 week on my XFX GF 8600 GT, and the card it dead, fan works but its totally dead and it wont even boot up, show anything at all.

The card run fine for like 2 years lol, and it ministerially die after the driver update.

Was using 18x drivers before the update.

Hmmmmm.... any word that these drivers could possibly damage GPUs? I installed them and my 8800GTX was toast in about a week. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if the drivers are to blame. I was using the 186 drivers before.....

The reason I am asking is because I may be getting a new Video Card soon (if I can't RMA). I don't want to take a chance with drivers that could damage it.

Back