WoW: Warlords of Draenor Expansion Confirmed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Blizzard has confirmed the next expansion of World of Warcraft will be titled Warlords of Draenor. Few details have been revealed so far since Blizzard announced the expansion at BlizzCon this week.

I quit after there Panda/Pokemon Battle Arena expansion. Waiting on Titan now.

Wow! Another cap increase, making everything that came before it useless. OH BOY!
Wow! I can bypass 90 whole levels of old crap and start playing, nekkit, immediately! OH BOY!

Oh but millions of players can't be wrong! Right?

I have better things to burn money on.

I hate that I want to play this. That old wow feel/look is tingling my nostalgia senses.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Good for Blizzard.
I'd much rather see new content for a $15 a month subscription game than fixing something like new content for Starcraft 2 or a way to play Diablo 3 without having to pay real cash for decent gear.

Must be strong. I'll not be sucked back in by the black hole that is WoW. I got my life back and I must keep it that way.

Going on 2 years sober...

The nostalgia had me thinking about coming back, too. But I highly doubt I will... don't have that kind of time to dump into a game.

Good for Blizzard.
I'd much rather see new content for a $15 a month subscription game than fixing something like new content for Starcraft 2 or a way to play Diablo 3 without having to pay real cash for decent gear.

Do you really HAVE to buy gear in D3 to finish the game? I just started it a bit ago and it seems easy enough so far. but then I haven't did any of the co-op stuff or anything.

What's coming out that looks like a good MMO? haven't been keeping track of new releases

Do you really HAVE to buy gear in D3 to finish the game? I just started it a bit ago and it seems easy enough so far. but then I haven't did any of the co-op stuff or anything.

What's coming out that looks like a good MMO? haven't been keeping track of new releases

No you really don't need to buy gear to beat the game. To play the highest difficulty and beat the game it may seem like it because drops were awful but they've since admitted that the RMAH was a bad move and to my understanding they're doing away with it and revamping the drop/loot system.

If blizzard had left well enough alone and left WoW vanilla with simple expansions, they would have rocked. Instead every new expansion means all of the things you've spent months or years working on has become worthless.

Burning crusade pissed me off, but it had some nice content. Northrend pissed me off even worse, but it had good content. Cataclysm is when i stopped playing. Pandaria i played for the scenery, and to level. I'll be damned if i play this new thing.

They just couldn't leave a winning solution alone, they had to keep fucking with it.

Wildstar has me interested, but i don't know if they can pull it off.

The game has been streamlined far too much for me, and WoD continues down that path.

If blizzard had left well enough alone and left WoW vanilla with simple expansions, they would have rocked. Instead every new expansion means all of the things you've spent months or years working on has become worthless.

If things you earned years ago are still worthwhile in a mechanics sense in WoW, there would be an insurmountable gap between old and new players. That gap would completely destroy the influx of any new players and WoW would have a rapidly shrinking playerbase.

A periodic reset of power is what keeps new players coming in and old players returning from hiatus. Yes, WoW's playerbase will likely continue to shrink, but far more slowly than it would if Blizzard did exactly as you wished and catered to people who have been playing non-stop since vanilla.

Even if they did, I sure as hell don't want my old-ass gear or skills being relevant. That would mean I would have very little or even nothing new to get even if I were to return after years of retirement.

Gotta admit, there doing something right, after all these years and still holding a 8 million base player subscription.

I quit after there Panda/Pokemon Battle Arena expansion. Waiting on Titan now.

That is going to be a long wait. I suspect Blizzard went back to the drawing board with Titan in part because they've decided that WoW can continue to be their MMO in the near future. More expansions planned, and other updates such as character graphics, it certainly looks like Blizzard have long term plans for WoW still.

With the new MOBA game coming up, it will probably be awhile before Blizzard shift their resources back to Titan. IMO...

No thank you Blizzard I will pass on this. I really enjoyed the First 4 years WOW then enough of this repeated stuff.

If things you earned years ago are still worthwhile in a mechanics sense in WoW, there would be an insurmountable gap between old and new players. That gap would completely destroy the influx of any new players and WoW would have a rapidly shrinking playerbase.

I do completely agree with you. Vanilla WoW actually did suffer from this very problem and the badge gear introduced in Burning Crusade was a very effective fix for helping new players into raiding. Moving forward though, the badge gear turned into an entitlement and that is what diluted the majesty of the gear.

In Burning Crusade is was not at all uncommon for moderate to serious raiders to have gear mixed from all kinds of different sources and tier bonuses were actually something special to achieve. With the subsequent expansions, full tier sets were expected by the player base.

Now that being said, I have always wanted to see a game where were the gear itself could be leveled. Something like EXP points for gear. I think LOTRO had something like this for some of the "epic" level gear. But basically I would love to see a game that with enough mindless mob grinding I could make my initial "Dull Copper Short Sword" just as powerfull as a top tier weapon. The top teir stuff would obviously start out much higher and would be easier to get going, but yes it would be nice if their was a way to keep the gear I have relevant.

I want to see a warcraft 4. They completely abandoned the RTS that made warcraft and Blizzard so damn famous. The story has been screwed up beyond repair though... Sad because I still love Warcraft 3 and spent well over 20k hrs on custom games from the community. I played custom games for 7 years on WC3. I also cant believe its going to be WoW's 10th anniversary next year.

Burning crusade pissed me off, but it had some nice content. Northrend pissed me off even worse, but it had good content. Cataclysm is when i stopped playing. Pandaria i played for the scenery, and to level. I'll be damned if i play this new thing.

They just couldn't leave a winning solution alone, they had to keep fucking with it.

Wildstar has me interested, but i don't know if they can pull it off.

This happened to FFXI already.

Practically the new content from Seekers of Adoulin expansion killed off gear from the older content. The game is not just centered around very specific endgame activities-- Delve, Skirmish, and Reives. It honestly got really, really repetitive doing these things over and over again for the same gear.

Square-Enix has not added anything new in terms of content. The most recent update finally added updates to Relic, Empyrean and Mythic weapons, and a few new areas. That's it. But, you're pretty much doing the same thing over and over again.

And, they made the content way too easy to complete. It's practically World of Warcraft-level difficulty. Before it took up to a year without power-leveling to get to level 75 cap. After Abyssea, it took a mere week (or less if you went for half a day) to get to 99 cap from Level 30. It's ridiculous that developers like Square-Enix catering too much to the people who want easier, faster-to-complete content. It kills off variety and any sense of difficulty in the game.

I had the same issue in World of Warcraft-- I got to level 67 within two weeks and I got pretty good gear within a month. Compared to FFXI, I spent years getting the stuff I have on my character. After Seekers of Adoulin (SoA) was released, it takes no longer than 2 weeks at most to get the best gear now in game, if you don't include Relic, Mythic and Empyrean weapons.

I want a challenging, varied, and fun MMO. FFXI used to be that. It isn't anymore. FFXIV might fall into that same predicament seeing that endgame content is easily achievable within a month if not including Coil of Bahamut.

It's honestly stupid to make easier content and completely erase older content making the lower level areas and mid-level areas practically useless and empty, just to cater to casual players.

WoW dragged me into the world of MMO's and I played it all the time for close to a year. Some what addicted. I was luckily able to quit playing it. I started up again with Aion, the level up took even longer and I got bored faster and quit after a couple weeks. The game world and music are beautiful though.

Yeah, uh dudes .. Titan got cancelled ... about 6 months ago it was announced. Maybes less. They put Titan on indef hold and moved the team around to other projects, the new WoW expansion being one of them. They said the reason for this was that the project did not meet where games were heading. I assume it was a massive MMO that would been larger than WoW.

You can find more about Titan and what I've just said by doing a google search for "titan cancelled"

Yeah, uh dudes .. Titan got cancelled ... about 6 months ago it was announced. Maybes less. They put Titan on indef hold and moved the team around to other projects, the new WoW expansion being one of them. They said the reason for this was that the project did not meet where games were heading. I assume it was a massive MMO that would been larger than WoW.

You can find more about Titan and what I've just said by doing a google search for "titan cancelled"

I didn't know it was officially, I just thought it was on "hold" like a lot of projects these days because it didn't meet up with the "standards" the devs set themselves to.

I hope Everquest Next doesn't fall under that same predicament. That one and ArcheAge I'm looking forward to.

This seems to be the last expansion. One of the lead designers stated back before Wrath's release that their goal was to keep creating expansions up until level 100. With the jump from 90-100 happening I see the end is near...

Still sucks if we don't get an emerald dream expansion :(

I hate that I want to play this. That old wow feel/look is tingling my nostalgia senses.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

I used to feel that way about Quake2. At least it doesn't cost money to jump back in to that.

I want to see a warcraft 4. They completely abandoned the RTS that made warcraft and Blizzard so damn famous. The story has been screwed up beyond repair though... Sad because I still love Warcraft 3 and spent well over 20k hrs on custom games from the community. I played custom games for 7 years on WC3. I also cant believe its going to be WoW's 10th anniversary next year.

I never understood this. How was the Warcraft story screwed up beyond repair? What do consumers like us have to do with the fiction story that's Warcraft. Was the story finished and used as a guide for the Warcraft universe? I guess you better stay away from anything with sequels and prequels.

I am genuinely surprised that so many people still play WoW. I started in vanilla and played up through about the end of WotLK. I just couldn't take the grind and the repetition any more. Couple that with guild politics, whining over loot, the random jerk-offs in dungeon runs, and the fact that the game is constantly getting dumbed down...

Someone sent me a Scroll of Resurrection a few weeks ago and I logged in just to say hi to some of the people I used to play with. The person who asked me back was the only one who had been on in months. I didn't even recognize the game any more. I gave him a quick "hey, how ya been" chat and promptly uninstalled the game.

This has to be the most underwhelming expansion announcement yet. A level cap increase was a given, but new character models could have easily been included in a patch, the level boost (which will reportedly be sold separately as well), could be sold any time on their store and that's about it. The Garrison's are a cool feature though but everything else is just the usual stuff included in a new expansion.

But... I will still play it.

This seems to be the last expansion. One of the lead designers stated back before Wrath's release that their goal was to keep creating expansions up until level 100. With the jump from 90-100 happening I see the end is near...

Still sucks if we don't get an emerald dream expansion :(

Except they stated during Blizzcon they have several more expansions lined up....

The problem with all MMO's is that when an expansion is released all the work you did to get to that point goes down the drain.

I played DAOC and WoW for many years and whenever a new expansion was released it just drove me away from the game/grind of getting new gear all over again.

This is why I will never play another MMO again.

Boost to 90? What the fuck?

They did a boost to 80 before if you came back, I did that and then signed up for the annual pass and didn't play too much. I might come back for the boost to 90 as I skipped Mists after playing it for an hour...

Yawn. I used to play, but....there is nothing exciting about WoW anymore, hasn't been for years. Diablo III was a bust, IMHO. Not sure Blizzard is on the right track.

I've never been a gamer that has to rush to max level, if you don't enjoy the trip, why make it at all?

I'd be more willing to play if the monthly cost went down, significantly. Otherwise pay for a month, clear the content, and quit. By the time you come back, non of what you did would have mattered anyway.

WoW is on the same track of CoD. A expansion every year, and suddenly the old thing is completely irrelevant.

Back