wow the 360 controller eats batteries

So the 360 controller that isn't rechargeable has a better charging system than the PS3 controller??? You can use the PS3 controller while it's charging and once charged it lasts a long time. What more could you want???
yeah I mostly agree but I guess one problem is that the cable is not long enough for some people to do that.

True but you can add a usb extension cable to it or plug it into any usb port to charge it.

So the 360 controller that isn't rechargeable has a better charging system than the PS3 controller??? You can use the PS3 controller while it's charging and once charged it lasts a long time. What more could you want???

Sorry I don't play my ps3 6" from the screen. I change batteries in my 360 controllers once every couple of months. That beats a 6" cord or even a 10' cord.

Sorry I don't play my ps3 6" from the screen. I change batteries in my 360 controllers once every couple of months. That beats a 6" cord or even a 10' cord.
6 inches? it may not be long enough for you but its certainly longer than that.

lol, why do I feel like I have had a similar conversation...

EDIT: it looks to be about 5 feet so yeah that is pretty short.

Get a AA rechargeable battery set from Energizer or another brand. That is the best option IMO.

This. Best option. Got a Energizer set with 4 AA batteries for like $18 at Walmart. Just plug it into the wall, and the blue screen tells you the charge left. Put two into the Xbox, then when those run out, you have two more waiting. They last pretty long too. And if the charges get too weak after a while then you can buy the replacements for like $10-$15 for a 4 pack.

Still cheaper than investing in the official Microsoft crap and better imo.

To replace the battery when it's dead.

True but you can add a usb extension cable to it or plug it into any usb port to charge it.

At that point, you're in the same price range as a play and charge kit. However, I prefer to play cordless since my consoles are in closet with the rest of my AV components. I'd much rather replace batteries than have any cables. I have a battery charger in the closet mounted to the wall, so I always have fresh batteries. Who wants to deal with cables these days...

just 6 freaking inches? you have to be kidding?

My original 60GB PS3 came with a cable that was obviously not ever meant to play -- just charge. While I don't think it's 6", it's definately not more than a foot. It's clearly designed to only charge the controller.

Enloops are the best thing you can do for any controller. If the consumer is providing the battery, it should take a couple of dollars off the controller, too. 360 is the best becuase you can do whatever you want -- use normal batteries, use rechargables, use a cable to power the controller... whatever you want.

At that point, you're in the same price range as a play and charge kit. However, I prefer to play cordless since my consoles are in closet with the rest of my AV components. I'd much rather replace batteries than have any cables. I have a battery charger in the closet mounted to the wall, so I always have fresh batteries. Who wants to deal with cables these days...

What??? A 15' mini USB cable is less than $5 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812816059

DS3 method is so much better not having to purchase any 3rd party crap to recharge your controllers i already have like 6 mini b usb's already laying around and also the battery life is around twice as long. I have a charge kit for my 360 controllers and they only last a little bit longer than standard batteries and also they don't fit perfectly into the controllers. Sometimes they become disconnected with just barely placing my fingers on them. You don't have to worry about that bs with a ps3 controller.

Also http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Gol...UTF8&qid=1368467889&sr=8-3&keywords=mini+b+15

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think I went through 2 or 3 battery packs, in the course of six years (using the Play N' Charge Kit). After that last battery pack I decided to just move to rechargeable AA's. I already had a charger, for my camera, so it was better than buying another battery pack.

Sorry i don't buy batteries. I put my controller on a dock that charges it at night and pick it up when im ready to play again.

I did use the 360 Plug and Play charge kit, but those things start heading south after a year or two. The "paperclip trick" will resurrect one that is dead, but that is a temporary measure.

Lately I've swapped over to using 4 Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries and a wall charger. Those things seemingly last forever and recharge quickly, too. Whenever one set is running low, I just swap 'em out for the other fresh pair. Everything ended up costing less than a single P&P charge kit, too.

Back