WoW. No, seriously, wow!

Direwolf20 said:
Sony may be laughing, but honestly, EVERY message board related to gaming that I visit (this one included) has about a dozen WoW posts, and almost NO EQ2 posts. Wow is obviously doing MUCH better than EQ2. At least from my point of view.

Or it could be that people who play EQ2 are actually in the game playing, not outside trying to get in, and thus are very frustrated so they post, as many WoW players do.

bonkrowave said:
My main problem with the threads on WoW is that people look to their own situation and somehow deem it to mean everyone else has the same experience as them, and then try to derail anyone who is having problems in true fan boy fashion.
...which is why I don't make that assumption. However, it's reasonable to assume that I've got an average experience. If I'm on a high-pop server and don't have issues, where is my flaw in assuming that most servers are OK? I just want to see evidence that the problem goes beyond a few overloaded servers.

I'm not trying to "derail anyone who is having problems" -- I'm trying to determine if the problems are real or if it's intarweb whining and blowing things out of proportion.

As for shipping being shut down, good point. I hadn't thought of that.

//edit: fixed my reaction.

lomn75 said:
You've got an awfully loose definition of "fanboy."

Its the generic WoW response to anyone defending Blizzard.

Poster1 : "Omgz wtf blizzard u sux becuz Paladins r teh ubarz!!!"
Poster2 : "Paladins are easy to beat, keep them at range and they got nothing. Blizzard actually did a pretty decent job with class balance, barring a few minor issues"
Poster1 : "d00d ur talkin all proper lyke, wtf, ur just an f'ing fanboi!!!!!!! LOLLOLROFLCOPTERS!!"

Thats the standard wow message board conversation ;).

lomn75 said:
It's also why I stick to thottbot for info.

Hehehe ditto. My brain actually starts leaking out my ears, because reading that messageboard makes it breakdown into a liquid.

lomn75 said:
Except that I don't make that assumption. However, it's reasonable to assume that I've got an average experience. If I'm on a high-pop server and don't have issues, where is my flaw in assuming that most servers are OK? I just want to see evidence that the problem goes beyond a few overloaded servers.

I'm not trying to "derail anyone who is having problems" -- I'm trying to determine if the problems are real or if it's intarweb whining and blowing things out of proportion.

As for shipping being shut down, good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Besides, if you'll be bothered to review the thread, I haven't said "this isn't Blizzard's problem" since issues on medium-population servers were brought up. You've got an awfully loose definition of "fanboy."

This was not directed towards you ... as I did say "My main problem with the WoW boards not HardOCP boards.

The first part of the post was towards you ... but the second paragraph was directed at the WoW boards.

But to counter a point you made. Im on a low Pop server and Im seeing a fair number of problems.

lomn75 said:
Sorry, my bad.

Meh ... no biggie

But this type of thread right here is what I would rather the WoW boards look like.

Point
Counterpoint

All backed up with logical arguments and not

"!!! oh noes111!!! can I have your stuff!!eleven1!!!.

bonkrowave said:
Meh ... no biggie

But this type of thread right here is what I would rather the WoW boards look like.

Point
Counterpoint

All backed up with logical arguments and not

"!!! oh noes111!!! can I have your stuff!!eleven1!!!.

Ditto, its a shame that its NOT like that there. :( I wish. Blizzard needs to make a "smart people" message board. Only allow people like us on there :).

Direwolf20 said:
Ditto, its a shame that its NOT like that there. :( I wish. Blizzard needs to make a "smart people" message board. Only allow people like us on there :).

You might want to take that "smart people like us" comment back from me =)
It should be smart people like us, everyone except bonkrowave.

I have already been banned from the WoW boards for being an ass.

I can see WoW as being a good looking game (although I haven't played it), but I could never in my life buy a game and then pay a damn monthly subscription!!!!!!! Thats the dumbest thing i ever heard off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Nirad9er said:
I can see WoW as being a good looking game (although I haven't played it), but I could never in my life buy a game and then pay a damn monthly subscription!!!!!!! Thats the dumbest thing i ever heard off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Well how else do you expect them to pay the Oompa Loompa on the stationary bike, powering the servers ?

Back